News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Sunland, CA, July 22-23

Started by Redfeather, July 24, 2017, 10:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfeather

We were joined by 10 patriots for a hot and sunny weekend. It was fun to see Rocketman in an orange hat and Hardly Working did not live up to his name. We've even managed to catch some very welcome shade during lunch. Craig got his early patch. Lorenzo did what he did entire weekend by qualifying on every single AQT. Sunday was hot and there was no shade to be found. That did not preclude Gino to qualify with his bolt-action. Warren finally got those irons under control but not before he stopped staring at the target. My back was not cooperating, so everyone had to step in. Lorenzo and Warren were clearing the rifles all day. Jeff was there for a much-needed backup. Seen people volunteering like that feels my heart with hope. 2 new rifleman, 1 new orange hat, some good shooting - not a bad weekend.

Zoanyway

Thanks, Redfeather, for leading a hot, great, hot, fun, hot, informative... hot weekend! My brother-in-law and my son are both now fully addicted and anxious for their next Appleseed. Me too, obviously. Not to mention the extra exciting adventure that awaits as a new IIT.  :F

Rocket Man

Great shoot last weekend, gang.

Sorry I couldn't be there both days.  Just as well since I blew out my knee... after I got home, go figure... 

But it was really great to see some of my fledgling Riflemen from Burro coming out and making the grade, Craig finally getting over the hump was awesome   :1luvu  All of the new students were dialed in pretty darn quick as well -- all in all a very impressive group.  Not at all surprised we found another Rifleman, and probably a couple more to come.

My first time working with Redfeather, but hopefully not the last.
Lorenzo, that orange hat gets heavy but it's well worth the carriage.  :D  Drop us a line if you need a hand figuring out how to use it.  And THANK YOU for helping us out.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

hardlyworking

Lorenzo!

Admit it, it was my fly shirt with all the patches wasn't it.  You know that "Piru 1K" patch I have?  I earned that one shooting Redfeather's 100 year old sweedish mauser within 6 shots on the 1000 yard gong in Piru as he was coaching me reading the wind and telling me where to hold on the period scope reticle.

Being an IIT is like joining a new family, its great to have you aboard!

And it sounds like Gino got his first round fliers under control congrats to you and Craig!

I'm sure Warren is close, he was laying down some quality groups from the start I'm sure he'll hit it soon.

Redfeather

Warren managed 210+ alright. He had his patch from 1.5 years ago though, and we don't like to give those out twice :)