News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Salem Hunting Club, Salem Ohio, July 15th & 16th 2017

Started by Invictus Maneo, July 18, 2017, 05:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invictus Maneo

Great weekend at the Salem Hunting Club. A huge THANKS to Dan and Jay for making it happen. Also, thanks to Jay for providing lunches both days. Onsite camping was also a big plus as many of the Instructors traveled a far piece and it was very convenient for all concerned.

Overall great weekend shared with families and like-minded fellow Americans. Very teachable attitudes were present and many made great progress. Michael qualified Sunday afternoon with Jay re-qualifying numerous (I think 3) times over the course of the weekend. Jay also cleared his Redcoat Sunday afternoon, I want him on my team. I would also like to mention that most all of the shooters were truly nice people with respect and manners and a great sense of humor (except for the musket ball thing :cool2: hmmmm, I am scarred for life). Seems to be a rare commodity these days. A heart-felt thanks to the Instructor Cadre for doing an outstanding job both with instruction as well as safety and keeping me honest and on track. Always look forward to the Salem shoot as it always a great time.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Mahatma Gandhi

�Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.�
- Ronald Reagan

�Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.�
- Plato

"My Son, Freedom is best, I tell thee true, of all things to be won."
- William Wallace

Texas T

T'was a great weekend. Weather was good, attitudes were better. Nicest bunch of folks that I've worked with in a long time.

We started the weekend with the Saturday morning Redcoat...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Then moved on to some instruction...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Wasn't long until we had a chance to put the lessons into practice...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Then we set up for the other positions, so that we could shoot an AQT prep...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

After a practice AQT, it was time for the real thing...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Sometimes ya shoot what ya got, even if it's the rifle that you modified for your son...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Before the weekend was over, we were not only qualifying, but also clearing a Redcoat...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Celebrating and remember the sacrifices that the youth made for the cause, we celebrated the youth that stuck it out for the entire weekend...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

A team event brought a bit of fun on Sunday afternoon, with the winning team of JJ and Jay (otherwise known as J-cubed)...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Thanks again, to the Salem Hunting club, and especially Jay and Dan, for allowing the use of the facilities and bringing Appleseed back for another great event.

O0 O0 :bow:

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

Looks like you guys had a great shoot.  Wish I could have been there. 

To all the instructors, results say you all did a great job.  Invictus, thanks for running things but with TexasT backing you up, you were in pretty good hands.  Dan and Jay, thanks.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!