News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chadron, NE Appleseed-July 15-16, 2017

Started by Pine Ridge Puma, July 18, 2017, 12:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge Puma

The shoot we had this past weekend has to go down as one of the hottest I have attended.  We knew the forecast was not favorable for a big turnout, but we did have seven Americans who did not let the temperatures keep them from experiencing  a patriotic weekend, despite the 100 degree temperatures both days.  My hat is off for their persistence and I thank them for attending.  A big thank you to the Tobiasson's for mowing and letting us shoot on their property and to my fellow instructors, Mike, Joe, and Dale for all their expertise and help.  Congratulations to Trent for proving that he is capable of shooting a Rifleman score, and to the other shooters for improving their skills and learning about the events of the start of the Revolutionary War.  I was particularly impressed with the retention of facts by the youth who spent the weekend with us, and challenged them to share their new knowledge with others.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

Texas T

Congrats to those who came and survived. Well done to all who were able to put the skills to use and improve over the weekend.

And, especially, to Trent for qualifying under such trying conditions.   :snipersmi
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017