News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Osage, MN, July 15-16, 2017

Started by MrFixit, July 17, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFixit

The Osage event was a blast!  :--- 

Once again, the Osage Sportsmans Club opened their doors to Appleseed, and we had a nearly full line! This is a very nice, small town range, and the covered line sure came in handy when the sun was beating down on us.  Apart from being a bit hot, the weather was beautiful, and a gentle breeze helped make if feel a lot cooler most of the time.

We had one previous Appleseeder, who this time brought two of his granddaughters for the experience, but the rest of the students were new to Appleseed.

Dustin and his son Trent were real troopers, and worked through a number of equipment difficulties.  Dustin even managed to shoot an excellent 224 points, and earn his Rifleman badge! HUZZAH! And Trent cleared his last Redcoat! Double HUZZAH!

Joel added a lot to the line, and to the whole event, as he showed up in period dress! He also brought along two black powder muskets, and gave us a nice demonstration on loading and shooting a flintlock very similar to those they had back in 1775!

I have to admit I was a little confused when I arrived at the range Saturday morning, and the county Sherriff's vehicle pulled in behind me...   It turns out one of the range managers had asked for a law enforcement presence due to some issues with an unruly neighbor at last years event.  So it turns out we had the awesome opportunity to "Appleseed" a couple of on-duty officers over the weekend! Of course they were not able to participate, but were very interested, and seemed to enjoy listening to the history presentations, and observing the marksmanship training.   O0

All in all, it was a great event! I would definitely consider making the trip again!    Pictures will be posted very shortly...  ;)

MrFixit

MrFixit

Pics!

AFTERMATH

Nice work!  Thanks for stepping in and keeping our presence strong in the MN frontier!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]