News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gear requirements

Started by BB213, July 17, 2017, 04:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB213

Noob here, have signep up for the Blue Trail class on Sep 16/17 and have some questions regarding the stuff you're supposed to bring:

Shooting mat/rug remnamt: if a rug remnant, what size? It says 4 foot wide, perhaps 6 feet long? Shooting mats look pricey.

360°-brimmed hat; all I have is a ball cap. Still need more?

Rifle cover?

Boots? All I've got is sheepskin winter boots. Wearing those in summer will turn my feet into raisins by the end of the day.

Long sleeves? In summer?

1000rds? Isn't that a bit overkill?

I have 5 10rd magazines, enough?

TOMINCT

Hello BB213, glad you signed on for the BTR event.

In order of your query:  rug 3x4 or 5 will work, or better an exercise mat, moving blanket, something with padding is your friend. nothing slippery especially when wet.

Ball cap should be fine. For a rifle cover a towel, or if raining plastic sheet/bag good. Light long sleeve shirt good, keeps hot brass off your bare skin.

1000 is a lot, but easily 500 +, 5 10 rd mags very good.

Anything else just ask, glad to help.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

BB213

Monkey

FWIW, MidwayUSA has some shooting mats on clearance right now. 
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

VietVet

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

scout74

BB213

Hi. Great that you signed up! The link to the list provided pretty much sums it up. I'd like to emphasize the GI sling. We go over how to install it in your rifle and the 3 variants if the same sling used. You can purchase the sling at the Project Appleseed store. You may need to purcase the quick disconnects for the sling also. See you on the line!

Scout74
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

BB213

Just came back here and saw your later replies. Thanks. Ordered a mat and elbow pads from Midway.