News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake City, MI. KD July 15 & 16, 2017

Started by Graywolf, July 17, 2017, 09:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a great time at the Marksmanship Training Center in Lake City.  We had 8 shooters hit the line for KD event.  Two of the shooters were 9 years old and one was 13 and they could handle an AR with the best of them.  How exciting is that?  The weather on Saturday was sunny and hot. (Someone remind the SB to use sunscreen!)  Sunday was cloudy and temps in the mid to high 60's.  Perfect weather. 

Congratulations to Jeff on scoring rifleman and full distance.  Well done sir!

Thank you to the Marksmanship Training Center for being such gracious hosts and allowing us the use of the range.  Thank you also to the instructors who came out really made this event happen.  You are the best!

I know there were lots of pictures taken so let's post 'em up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

D.O.M.

It was great to meet some fine Americans last weekend. You all did well to persist through the heat on Saturday. The facility is world class and I am so glad they are hosting Project Appleseed events! Thank you MTC!  :1luvu

Now lets see if my signal is good enough to make some pics appear!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Grindstone

Another great full distance event at MTC! Thanks to everyone who persisted through all the walking.

Congratulations Jeff, you were doing things well for both days and it paid off with a full distance patch. Good shooting Rod! You produced some good groups, even with a rifle that wanted to push you around. Diego, you handled both the .22 and the AR very well, even though you were expecting to be there just as a spotter. Earl, you stuck with it and proved out your equipment and yourself with a positive attitude the whole time. Jack, you bring a new level of cool to Appleseed, even for the number of times that Celia outshot you. Xstalle, you picked things up very well for missing the first day of instruction. Xander, you kept it safe even after having to carry all that heavy gear back and forth on the range.

Did somebody mention pictures?

Grindstone

pictures here:

D.O.M.

William G.Gruff III In the pits!

Time for the story of Hezekiah Wyman

Grindstone goes wild!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

Fly-Boy linebossing the line like a boss!

Like father, like son! Rod and Diego

The long range line, squad #1

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

William G. Gruff III

Here are the picture I took.  What a great venue. 
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats - Matthew 25:32

MI-copperhead

As always is the case at an Appleseed the instruction was top drawer as was the history of the opening battle of the Revolution. Met new people and shared a great weekend of camaraderie . Cant say enough good about the job the instructors did in helping each one of us to improve. Congratulations to Jeff on scoring his KD Rifleman's patch on the second AQT Sunday. I was glad I was on Rod and Diego's team for the Fun Shoot as they made up for my ragged shooting for the win.
Excellent instruction that added to my knowledge but my lack of regular practice showed as I was more ragged than I was the last time I went to an Appleseed. A lot of walking involved on the second day which has given me pause to rethink my equipment requirements and load. The camelback was a plus but I need to rethink my case for the M14 as the pelican case is a lot to lug between stages.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy