News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH 15-16 July 2017

Started by Longrifleman, July 16, 2017, 11:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

What a spectacular weekend for an Appleseed in Southwest Ohio!

Mother Nature comes through for Project Appleseed again! Yea, it was warm- some might even say hot- but low humidity and beautiful sunshine graced us both days and we made use of it all.

You could not ask for a more fantastic group of shooters than the crew that showed up to be woken-up at Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman Association club and range.

Eighteen fired-up patriots took to the range Saturday morning to take massive gulps from the firehose. Marksmanship instruction and History was dished out art a furious pace but they sucked it up like sponges and by the end of the day TWO NEW RIFLEMEN were forged!

Adam squeaked in with a 212 and Darren racked up a 215 on the very first official AQT of the event. Those two weren't finished yet. Sunday saw repeated Rifleman scores by both shooters topped by Adam's amazing 239.

Fantastic improvement was made by all and so many are knocking on the door. TJ and Dan are so close they can taste it and Austin needed just one more good hit. Persist, Persist, Persist shooters! You WILL do it if you keep at it. That goes for ALL of you!

The close of Sunday afternoon saw a team challenge that we called Appleseed Candy Crush! Teams of three targeted candy discs that gave new meaning to target detection and when the sugar dust cleared 3 men took home the grand prize- a Patriot's Day Appleseed t-shirt!

Thanks to all our shooters for a great try and thanks as well for a great, safe and memorable Appleseed. HUZZAH !!!!!!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Longrifleman

How 'bout these digits to show how much improvement was made:

Redcoat Scores
                 Total #     100     200     300     400     Shingle     Cleared
Sat AM          18          10        6         4        4           3             1
Sat PM          17          11        8         4        1           4             1
Sun AM         12           7         6         2        0           2             0
Sun PM         12           9         8         6        4           4             1
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Texas T

Congrats to our new riflemen!  Way to go.   :snipersmi
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

DGMilty

Was great working with the shooters, and congrats again to the Riflemen.

Always a pleasure to work with the Wilmington regulars!  Much thanks to CCFSA for making us feel like home!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Double00Buckeye

What a great weekend to get out and do some shooting and a whole lot of learning.  I want to congratulate the new rifleman for what they were able to achieve on their first weekend out.  I was impressed with all the shooters and the determination that was shown in the face of some non stop sun. It was an eye opening experience as this was my first shoot with the Orange hat but I truly enjoyed being on the other side of the line.  Thanks to all involved who continued to work with me patiently throughout the weekend.  Cant wait to get to another shoot.

Oh BTW, always enjoyable to see an AQT hit with the 30cal
1st Appleseed Oct 29-30 2016 (1st Redcoat)
2nd Appleseed Mar 18-19 2017 (1st Rifleman)

Corvette

Sounds like you all had one fine event.  Wish I could have been there.

Corvette

Double00Buckeye, if you are looking for another event to work, come join me at Carroll, Ohio in two weeks.  I need the instructors and it will be a great shoot and a chance for me to meet you and thank you in person for stepping up.  Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

goodoldfriend

Ahhhh yes. Wilmington in July. At least the heat was not as intense as last year.

Everyone please note....

Our wonderful shoot boss, Longrifleman, posted a 211 re-qualification Rilfeman score with his 30 caliber Springfield rifle.

I think he has replaced the stock on this beautiful example of American ingenuity with a BLACK composite stock.

I am sure I heard a whimper as he welded the rifle to his cheek (maybe literally) after it had basked in the sunshine for some time. True to form he persisted through the pain of the hot cheek weld and the shower of hot brass from the modern sporting rifle on his left to make the cut.

It is worthwhile to note that his total shot count on the target was 38. Although he knew he dropped two shots, he persisted and completed the mission. He did not give up. He focused on the current shot each and every time to make the best possible score.

I also want to thank Shoot Boss and the other instructors for their patience and tactful guidance with me as I learn. It is an honor to learn from the professional instructors as I work toward earning my red hat.

You Sons of Liberty inspire this DOM (doddering old man) as I work toward meeting the standard. It is an honor to know and work with you.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

goodoldfriend

I also want to thank Double00Buckeye. You did a great job this weekend.

Thanks to T-Man and Del for making the trip down. T-Man, I value you help and energy more than you know. Del, your calm, steady, and patient demeanor are an inspiration.

DG, thank you for sharing your wisdom.

Longrifleman, thank you for putting on a first class event and for putting up with me!
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

RedLeg

What a fantastic event!  Been wanting to shoot an Appleseed for a long time now and am kicking myself for waiting so long.

All the instructors did a fantastic job of relating the untold history (even to this 50yo New England native) and teaching the art of field marksmanship to all in attendance. The improvement I saw in shot groups as the weekend progressed was noticeable and indicative of the quality of instruction and individual attention each shooter received.

I was particularly impressed with the overall attitude of all in attendance from the youngest to the most seasoned. Everyone had a genuine interest in learning and improving their individual skills and were very relaxed and friendly. Even those who had previously attended multiple Appleseed events were fully engaged and seemed to get something new out of each history portion, even though they had heard the stories previously.

I'm proud to have achieved my Rifleman patch and of improving my day one AQT score on day two.

My hat is off to all those involved in Project Appleseed and very much look forward to my next event...perhaps with a centerfire rifle on a KD range to really challenge myself.

HUZZAH!

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777