News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Range, Tallahassee, Florida 16 July 2017

Started by Engineer shooting, July 16, 2017, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Sea tales start with "you ain't going to believe this"…. We're shooting at 400 yards and Lucky Lori calls out don't shoot there's something walking down range. A doe walks out in front of the target line, then a spotted fawn. I'm watching thru a spotting scope as the fawn nurses in front of the target line.

Seven experienced shooters shooting the distance and I think they all learned from the experience. Not to mention good scores. Refining Battle Sight Zero is key to scoring on the full distance AQT.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Timber Wolf

Always an adventure at the IDMR.  Watching the deer was an interesting diversion.  For me in addition to the zero would be trusting and sticking with the different holds at the different distances.  NPOA + proper hold = HIT!

Lucky Lori

Having been  to a  few  (hundred ) appleseed events    I    ALways say  they are  all different .  True again this weekend .  Mom deer   baby  deer  ON the shooting  line ,  As we are trying to shoot !  Luckily  everyone   responds to    cease  fire   cease  fire .  Thanks  and  everyone  had  fun   improved   scored   .  Always  a  hot  but  enjoyable  time . 
Lucky  Lori

gunjunkie

As always I had a wonderful time, even in the heat. I can't remember the last Appleseed I attended that I didn't leave with some new found knowledge in the skill of marksmanship. There is always improvements or refinements that can improve your skill, all you have to do is listen. I can't say enough good things about the instruction one gets at IDMR.
It was great to see you all and I can't wait to do it all again next month.
Thanks Ken and Lori, you are great hosts and I appreciate all you do.     
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet