News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stockton, Illinois: 10-11Jun2017

Started by IXOYE, June 11, 2017, 10:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great turnout to the Stockton event held at the Noller farm. While we didn't have anyone earn their rifleman patch, we saw great progress by everyone, despite the hot weather in the mid 90's and unending and intolerable winds that totally destroyed two pop-up canopies and damaged a third before we could get it down. Everyone showed great persistence in the face of these difficult circumstances. It was great to see the variety of shooters ranging from young girls who had never shot a rifle before to experienced men approaching senior status. Kudos to everyone who demonstrated they have what it takes to become a rifleman and for the wonderful attitudes and teachable spirits.

Many thanks to the instructors (Gary, Jeff, and Erick) from Wisconsin who came down to help run the shoot. We couldn't have done it without you. Also many thanks to Tom Noller for sharing his farm with us and for mowing and preparing the range for us.

I'll try to get some pictures posted in the next day or two.

Rex
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are a few pictures I took.

The group on Saturday less three or four people who had to leave early

Flags Sunday morning before the wind picked up

Kneeling for seated

classic seated form

missing our pop-up shades

Standing with the wind was a challenge

Notice the raw elbow from prone

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Theseus

Great pictures Rex.  Thanks for posting them and thanks for a great weekend.  What I learned is already paying off.  And, I'm continuing to practice!  Bought a couple pair of swivels for my 10/22s and I'm putting proper slings on them.  :snipersmi