News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Call for Help Caroll Ohio

Started by Corvette, July 16, 2017, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio AS,

We wil be bringing in a new range to Ohio Appleseed in two weeks at Caroll Ohio at the Central Ohio Coon Hunters.  COCH is located south and east of Columbus, Ohio.  We have 21 shooters pre-reg'd an as of now, we only have me signed up to work the shoot. 

With a shoot this large, I am going to need some help.  I am putting the call out that i NEED more help at this event.  If you can make it in two weeks, even if its for only Saturday, please step up and help. 

Hope to see some of you at COCH in two weeks. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Ricochet Rabbit

I wanted to help out with this shoot, but, alas, I have a prior commitment to 4H with my daughter.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

goodoldfriend

Corvette,

Do you know if the range will allow us to camp onsite?

Please advise and I will see what I can do to help.

Thanks...
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

Yep, I will be camping for the weekend onsite.  So come join us. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Crazyduckhunter

I am traveling for work. Sorry. I would if I could.

Corvette

We are less than two weeks out and I still don't have anybody signed up to help with this shoot.  Come on Ohio, its a new range and an almost sold out shoot.  I need help for this one. 

Corvette

PHenry

Ya know, this in a sense, is none of my business, but I do feel compelled to stick my nose in. While I have to date not enjoyed the honor of working with Corvette, I have on occasion had conversations with him and I am well aware of his steadfast commitment to our shared mission.  He has been here, doing what needs to be done, for a very long time.

I am also familiar with the concept of being the guy who knows he will run an event by himself if he has to. I can assure you all - it stinks, but it's what a guy like Corvette does. Please dig deep and stand with Corvette.

Forgive an old FL Appleseeder for sticking his nose into OH business, but Corvette deserves no less.
In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

goodoldfriend

Ok, I am in. I will be getting up there sometime Friday evening. Will I be able to camp that night or should I try to make arrangements to try to drive up Saturday morning?
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Corvette

Goodoldfriend,

First, thanks and second, come camp, I will be there Friday night and will be camping.  I will appreciate the company.

Corvette

Cadence

Just signed up to help. I will be staying with my son who lives about 30 min. away.

Come On Ohio - with that many shooters we need to have more instructors on the line! :sos: &)
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Texas T

As an "unofficial" Ohioan, I can't leave you hanging out there. Lots of shooters, looks like help is needed.  Cleared my schedule,  I'll be there.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

TexasT and Cadence,

Thank you soooo much for stepping up.  With the size of the shoot, we could still use more help.  Check your schedules Ohio, come lend a hand and an extra set of eyes on the line. 

Corvette

goodoldfriend

Cadence and Texas T,

You are fine gentlemen, I don't care what Corvette says....LOL

I was nervous about the shoot having only two instructors, I should have known better. I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Corvette, I may find an accommodation depending on cost. Not sure if I want to brave the late July heat or I might try the back of my car, I haven't done that in the summer yet.

I will let you know.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

wetsight

Instructors, thank you for serving the shooters this weekend in Caroll. I appreciate you sacrificing your weekend to help my wife shoot Rifle(wo)man! Your leadership and instructions were a great way to introduce her and many others to the Appleseed Project.
:F

goodoldfriend

It was my pleasure to help in some small way!

Now when does your child start shooting? LOL
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Cadence

Thank-you for stepping up and accepting an orange hat! Welcome to Appleseed Cadre!  O0
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams