News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX June 15-16, 2017 AAR

Started by Steck, July 14, 2017, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

TxRebel

We had a great shoot even if it was a little hot.  There were 8 shooters the first day growing to 10 the following day.  We had lots of instructors show up to support this event.  Thank you Steck, Kirby, Kevin, Jason, Erick, Richard and Richard for all your hard work.  A special shout out to the Richard brothers,  you two worked your butts off this weekend and it didn't go unnoticed, you guys rock!!!  O0

To our shooters.  Thank you for coming out and spending a weekend with us.  We loved spending time with you and hope all of you come out again.  There was major improvement throughout the weekend and a few of you were knocking on the door of Riflemen.  Two of our shooters did receive the coveted "RIFLEMEN" patch, congrats you two.  I saw major improvement and I hope everyone else feels that they progressed their shooting skills.  I encourage you to keep practicing and as always you're welcome to come shoot with us again and continue improving. 

If anyone has pictures you would like to share please do so.
  :pics:
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

scuzzy

pics attached.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

AF5US

Chiming in a couple days late - Unfortunately I had a lot of technical difficulties posting some of my pics from the event, even after resizing them.  Let me just say:

This was a great shoot, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time with an excellent cadre of instructors and shooters both.  Shooting rifleman was a huge source of joy for my friend.  For my part, I'm proud to be part of a group that takes both new and experienced shooters, and makes them that much better - better marksmen, and better Americans.  :F

TXRebel - I had to leave an hour early; was the second Rifleman the man who brought his son?  I know that he was close.

Looking forward already to the next event!
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on July 19, 2017, 10:19:31 PM
Chiming in a couple days late - Unfortunately I had a lot of technical difficulties posting some of my pics from the event, even after resizing them. 

Even the resized pics are huge averaging 2meg each. Please notice the pics I posted clock in at around 200k which is 1/10th the size.

See this: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=51419.0

AF5US

Thanks Scuzzy, good to know.

Do you need me to pull these and reformat, or is this a "for future reference" type thing?

Don't want to start causing server issues or anything of the type

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on July 20, 2017, 04:06:55 PM
Thanks Scuzzy, good to know.

Do you need me to pull these and reformat, or is this a "for future reference" type thing?

Don't want to start causing server issues or anything of the type

Future reference. Everybody does that. Didn't mean to pick you out in particular. Hoping others that are always PMing me asking why they can't post pics read this.

AF5US

Nah, you didn't pick on me any more than anyone else  $$-0

Seriously, though - good to know.  I shrunk the images, I just didn't shrink them enough.  Live & learn.  Too bad you have to be the guy that everyone learns from  O0