News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Suamico/Nicolet Rifle Club April 22-23???

Started by Ironsight, April 13, 2017, 11:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironsight

The Nicolet Rifle club lists on their 2017 calendar that an Appleseed is taking place there April 22-23, however, I've kept checking back at appleseedinfo for over a month and it has not appeared as a scheduled event to register for. What's up?
"But I will endeavor to supply the want of Knowledge as much as possible by Watchfulness and Industry." -Nathanael Greene to John Adams, 14 July 1776

Kholin

Ironsight,

I checked in with the club contact today.  It sounds like there was a breakdown with getting it on the schedule on our side.  Given how close we are to the date without it being on the Appleseed schedule, the club has made other plans and most of the instructors who would help at the event are scheduled for other events.  As a result, the April shoot in Suamico is unfortunately not going to happen.  We are following up about future dates.  Assuming they are scheduled, I will post an update on this thread at that point.

Kholin

---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

Rita

Follow up on this. Nicolet Rifle club has made it clear they will not allow any more 2 day Appleseed events. They 'may' consider one day shoots. There has been a huge shake up on the board and Appleseed is no longer very welcome there at this period of time. I will keep everyone updated if and when there is a change of opinion.  :-[ It does not look hopeful though.

Leadlined

I see they have another Appleseed on their list of events in September.   

Is it still on? I don't see it on our calendar, either...  and perhaps the best way to change minds is to have a great event?
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it