News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2017 New Format for FL State Promo Flyers

Started by 308LIBERTY, July 10, 2017, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

Updated 8/11/17 - State flyer updated with new dates

I've reformatted the promo flyers to compliment the current tri-folds. There is an overall FL State version, with the complete schedule, and there will also be range specific versions, with maps and directions. Attached here is also a photo of how to display and fold the new flyers.

Yours in Liberty,
Three'oEight
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

Updated 8/11/17

Hernando Sportsman's Club - Brooksville / Hernando Co. FL
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TheMenace

Quote from: Three'oEight on July 10, 2017, 01:41:56 PM
I've reformatted the promo flyers to compliment the current tri-folds. There is an overall FL State version, with the complete schedule, and there will also be range specific versions, with maps and directions. Attached here is also a photo of how to display and fold the new flyers.

Yours in Liberty,
Three'oEight
Very nice! I like the rack to hold the flyers. I haven't seen that version. What is the source of supply on it?
btw: The September 30th centerfire shoot in Palm Bay continues to Sunday, October 1st.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

308LIBERTY

Not sure if the rack came in one of my shoot boxes or something my wife dug up. (Perhaps ask Thaddeus what's available) Thanks for the schedule update.

Quote from: TheMenace on July 10, 2017, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: Three'oEight on July 10, 2017, 01:41:56 PM

Yours in Liberty,
Three'oEight
Very nice! I like the rack to hold the flyers. I haven't seen that version. What is the source of supply on it?
btw: The September 30th centerfire shoot in Palm Bay continues to Sunday, October 1st.

ThePoet

Well done!  Thanks for your hard work on this.

308LIBERTY

Updated 8/11/17

New Flyer for Gainesville Target Range

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Minutemom

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

TheMenace

May we please have an update of the FLS with new dates?
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

Done. I will keep replacing the flyer when it gets edited, so nobody has to scroll through the entire thread to find the most current. It's at the very top of this thread.

Quote from: TheMenace on July 20, 2017, 11:11:25 PM
May we please have an update of the FLS with new dates?

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

308LIBERTY

I only included ranges currently on the publicly available event schedule.

Quote from: Engineer shooting on July 21, 2017, 03:02:01 PM
Hurlburt AFB missing a great venue

JustKim

Hello 308!  Is there any way that you can add Hurlburt Field to the FL flyer?  Although it is a private-event range, I would love to have us included.  We have shoots scheduled for Sept 2-3, and Nov 4-5.  Thank you!  I am also working on getting a Ladyseed on the calendar for March 2018.  THANK YOU!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

minnesotarabit

JustKim let me know when you get the LS date and I will schedule it to be there to AC. Thanks!

minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

308LIBERTY

Headed to Ramseur for the IBC this weekend. I'm thinking the best way to handle Hurlburt Field will be to make you a range specific trifold style flyer like the one I did for Hernando Sportsmans Club (second post in this thread) with locator maps/etc. When I've recovered from Ramseur, I'll get to work on that. (And if you don't hear back from me on it within a couple weeks, feel free to nudge me again)

Quote from: JustKim on July 22, 2017, 11:21:59 AM
Hello 308!  Is there any way that you can add Hurlburt Field to the FL flyer?  Although it is a private-event range, I would love to have us included.  We have shoots scheduled for Sept 2-3, and Nov 4-5.  Thank you!  I am also working on getting a Ladyseed on the calendar for March 2018.  THANK YOU!

308LIBERTY

Update 8-12-17 - Added the specific dates for this venue on the schedule.

And here you go! - Hurlburt Field Flyer

Quote from: Engineer shooting on July 21, 2017, 03:02:01 PM
Hurlburt AFB missing a great venue

JustKim

Thank you for all of your efforts on this request. 
1.  I do not see Hurlburt Field on the flyer you posted this morning - am I missing something or did you post the old flyer instead?
2.  I am working on an article for the base paper/magazine so would really like the full color flyer - I may just use that instead of trying to write something up - as I have procrastinated and it's due by Tuesday. 
3.  If you wouldn't mind just sending me an editable version of the full color flyer - I can maybe tweak it for Hurlburt Field.

Any assistance you give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!  Kim aka JustKim
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

308LIBERTY

I made a special flyer for Hurlburt Field. It's right above your post and called "APPLESEED-HFR-TRI-FOLD" and also features an area map with directions to the range. As we only do private shoots at that range, I did not want to include it in the standard FLS flyer. If someone goes to the website and looks for that venue, they won't be able to sign up for it (as it is not listed on the calendar). Thus, I made a separate flyer for it. In order to simplify and be frugal with printing costs, current flyers are only in black and white and created in Adobe Illustrator, being the app I am most familiar with. I've attempted to re-create flyers in Microsoft Word, but the honest truth is I lack time and patience for dealing with anything "Microsoft", being an avid Mac guy for over 20 years.

If you want any help coming up with something for your paper, drop me a line and maybe we can come up with something together.
"rifleman -at- tampabay.rr.com" I'm currently just sitting here waiting out the rain so I can go shoot this afternoon. ;)

Quote from: JustKim on August 12, 2017, 09:51:46 AM
Thank you for all of your efforts on this request. 
1.  I do not see Hurlburt Field on the flyer you posted this morning - am I missing something or did you post the old flyer instead?
2.  I am working on an article for the base paper/magazine so would really like the full color flyer - I may just use that instead of trying to write something up - as I have procrastinated and it's due by Tuesday. 
3.  If you wouldn't mind just sending me an editable version of the full color flyer - I can maybe tweak it for Hurlburt Field.

Any assistance you give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!  Kim aka JustKim

JustKim

Yes - thank you - I didn't see the Hurlburt Field dates on the previous one.
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!

JustKim

I was actually referring to the color flyer that you put together that has the flag at the top of the page and gives a little history about Project Appleseed "is a nationwide program that teaches rifle marksmanship skills that have been passed down...."  I was considering just submitting something like that to the magazine - it is a color magazine.  I will also include something about Ladyseeds as well.  I am very limited at home because my computer is pretty much crashed and I just have a chromebook - that I am working on.  I basically just need a brief story and maybe some pictures.  I will probably get some pictures specifically from some of the Hurlburt events.  You asked about our events -- are you interested or just curious?  WE would love to have you and would be happy to sponsor you on base! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

I LOVE this stuff!