Author Topic: Project Mapleseed Update  (Read 217 times)

Offline Redcoat72

• Instructor In Training 3
  • Semper Vigilans
Project Mapleseed Update
« on: July 10, 2017, 11:10:48 AM »
Hi all!

Just an update on Project Mapleseed from the Great White North!

Project Mapleseed has now successfully completed 14 events!

The instructor crew has just returned to Ontario/Quebec from our Western Tour '17.  Over a period of 12 days, we held two events Ottawa, Ontario; one event in Regina, Saskatchewan; two events in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; one event Grande Cache, Alberta; and, two events in Edson, Alberta.

It was a busy 8000 km trip, with not much downtime between events as we had to change locations frequently and be ready to go the next morning at 7am.

There are now almost 50 qualified Riflemen in Canada, with 10 qualifying at one event in Edson!

We coined a new term “Mapleseed Youth Precision Group” and found some amazing young shooters in the west.  One of our 11 yr old participants stuck it out all day long, grinding on MQTs until 7pm with a tube-fed lever gun.  Absolutely amazing.

The word of Mapleseed is spreading like wildfire and we have had participants from wide ranging demographics, including a retired Canadian Army Master Sniper (we all know how good these folks are) and those completely new to shooting.

It has been a wild experience and one that we are still processing with tons of great feedback to integrate into the program.

If you are interested in seeing the photos of the events, they are posted on our Facebook page: facebook.com/ProjectMapleseed

Thanks again for all of the support!

-Kevin
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Offline Jerry Hall

• designated Shoot Boss
Re: Project Mapleseed Update
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »
Howdy Kevin,
Jerry Hall El Paso, Texas.
Great work! WOW, 8000km(5000mi) in 12 days. Sounds to me as we need to coin a new phrase; 'The Mapleseed Trail'!
Keep up the great work, Y'all are an inspiration.
Happy Trails,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

Offline hogfamily

• RWVA Instructor
  • Anchorage Suburbanites & part time Willowbillies.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
HUZZAH!

The Alaska Appleseeds are waiting for a Mapleseed in the Yukon.  :)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:04:56 PM by hogfamily »
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

“Move that fat ass Henry!”
“Don’t swing your balls or you’ll swamp the boat!"

Offline Mrs. Smith

• Instructor In Training 3
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:41:26 PM »
woo hoo!!!  I don't know how you're keeping that momentum going, but WOW!  And that young-un with the tube-fed lever gun sounds like a fella after my own heart  :1luvu  You guys are awesome!  And I'm LOVING the patches!
"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert A. Heinlein

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  - Jeff Cooper

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam