News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Scheduling an Appleseed shoot for military unit and families

Started by SpeakUp, July 03, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeakUp

Hi - I'm interested in setting up an Appleseed shoot at Ramseur for an Air Force squadron.  If possible, I'd like attendance limited to my squadron's active duty members and our families, and I'm hoping to do it in the fall when temps cool off a bit.

Who's the best POC to ask if this is something we can work out?

Thanks!

Jeff

SpeakUp

Is this not a possibility? 

When I was at a Ramseur shoot, an instructor said Appleseed puts on shoots for military units like this, but maybe I misunderstood.  Or if there's a better way to go about asking, would someone please point me in the right direction?

Monkey

Quote from: SpeakUp on July 11, 2017, 10:00:41 PM
Is this not a possibility? 

When I was at a Ramseur shoot, an instructor said Appleseed puts on shoots for military units like this, but maybe I misunderstood.  Or if there's a better way to go about asking, would someone please point me in the right direction?

Jeff,

Send me a PM with details - number, objectives, etc.  Your profile says you're in VA; I may be able to help.

Thanks and vr/
Monkey
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

SpeakUp

Quote from: Monkey on July 11, 2017, 11:02:04 PM
Jeff,

Send me a PM with details - number, objectives, etc.  Your profile says you're in VA; I may be able to help.

Thanks and vr/
Monkey

PM sent - thanks!

Pain Killer

I have been on vacation most of this month, but I can help. PM me with the details and I will work to get you on the calendar at Ramseur.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison