News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by Fort Knox, September 14, 2016, 01:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Knox

Hello,

My name is Kyle and I live in the Flathead Valley.  I am going to try my hand at Appleseed next Spring / Summer.

I need to build a .22 for the course.  I only have a bolt action .22 right now.  I'm looking at the gun shows and stuff currently to run into a an old Marlin model 70 that I can clean up and make use of.  My bolt action is accurate but it is tube fed and I worry about being able to keep pace with mag fed semis.

Anyhow, I am excited to get some info and get back into shooting again.  I plan to be a sponge for information over the winter and come out ready to run in the spring!

Nice to meet you all!

Kyle

Mark Davis

Kyle,
Welcome.
You can shoot your tube fed bolt gun at apleseed. Our course of fire was designed for the springfield rifle.
Most people use semiauto, but volume of fire never trumps accurate fire.
Get your self a M-1 sling and 1 1/4" detachable sling swivels first, then if you get a semi auto you can always
move the sling to the other rifle.
The sling supports your shooting position, holds you up, and can be used as a carrying strap too.