News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

La Porte, IN. June 20 & 21, 2017

Started by Graywolf, June 22, 2017, 10:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

Once again we had a great two days with the kids at the Michigan City Rifle Club in La Porte, IN.  We had 23 shooters come to the line.  The weather was near perfect.  These kids were motivated, willing to learn, and just plain fun to work with.  We could not have had a better time! 

I want to thank the Michigan City club for having this event every year.  We enjoy being a part of the week long program and having an opportunity to not only introduce these kids to the shooting sports, but also to help give them a sense of who we are as Americans.  The club goes out of their way to support Appleseed and we appreciate all they do.

I also want to thank my instructors for taking time from their jobs to work this mid-week shoot.  I know arranging schedules can be a challenge and I appreciate your efforts.  Thanks to Oz, Captain America, Mr Surplus and Fletcher (who drove up from N. Carolina) this event was a resounding success.  You guys are the best.

I know a lot of pics got taken so let's post them up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

mrsurplus

What a wonderful two days we had at the Michigan City Rifle Club. The range was amazing, the weather was perfect, and the students were a joy to work with. We had less safety violations with 23, seven to sixteen year old shooters on the line, then we do when we have far fewer adults shooting. I applaud each and every student for your ability to listen to our instructions, and then try to put them into practice. 

Thank you to the club for your support for Appleseed. You guys have ruined me for future shoots (Why isn't every line completely covered? What do you mean I have to bring my own lunch and snacks?) You put on a great program, and have some great kids attending.

The pictures do not do the event justice, but here is what I had.

Thanks again to all for a great event.

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

mrsurplus

Here are some more pictures.
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

Fletcher

The program and the venue (including venue staff) were absolutely amazing. 

First the program, the three strikes of a match story arch, that introduces students/shooters to both marksmanship fundamentals and the historical preface from lessons learned is so well placed, paced, and planned that it is unlike any training program I have participated in.  The program introduces students/shooters to a historical scenario that required a mastery of specific marksmanship fundamental, then a class on said fundamental, then a practical application of the fundamental. 

Second, the venue and venue staff were fantastic.  The location was well covered, so students/shooters did not get weather fatigue (which helps keep shooters attentive to safety), and the range was both clean as well as easily enough to navigate for less able bodied students/shooters were able to navigate safely. Additionally, the venue restrooms were close proximity and accessible.  The Local range staff were incredibly helpful, they not only helped set up the range and program, but they too helped keep students/shooters entertained and preoccupied in between programmed events. 

Third, the students/shooters were just as amazing as the local staff, each of them were absolutely attentive and were very mindful of their surroundings. I had several students/shooters who I spent more time with than others, however they were both kind and respectful the entire event.