News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay, Florida June 17-18

Started by TheMenace, June 19, 2017, 04:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

Seven students, nine instructors and one AC/RSO braved the 100+ degree heat index and 100+ percent humidity to turn out a successful AS at Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club. Appleseeders do persevere, improvise, adapt and overcome. Target backers with water logged targets attached were swapped out so they could be scored. The COF was juggled to achieve all our firing line goals and then we retreated indoors to complete our complete POI objectives for the two days. Awesome cooperation and determination shown by students and ITs alike. The conditions were so awful that three instructors who routinely exceed Rifleman scores at the drop of a hat were unable to meet there expectations. Never the less, one student overcame all obstacles to shoot Rifleman twice at his first event. Huzzah to you Ron! We hope to see you come back soon to score with your iron sighted CZ-455.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Fish-n-shoot

This was my first Appleseed, and I must say my expectations were far exceeded.  The spirit of friendly, professional commitment was obvious from the start. 
The event and it's principles and objectives were explained clearly and demonstrated in a way that's hard to find words for.  It was patriotic, accessible, inclusive, and in so many ways reminded me of what America is about.

The training was excellent, safety was top priority, and the event flowed smoothly in spite of extreme heat and deteriorating weather conditions. 

I expected some basic review of Revolutionary War history, but it was much more than that.  The instructors put the events of April 19, 1775 in context.   
It was like a hazy memory from a dusty old schoolbook suddenly came into sharp focus. 

I look forward to attending again, and will recommend to everyone.  Thanks again to all the volunteers and instructors who made it possible.
Huzzah!