News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX June 17-18, 2017

Started by Steck, June 18, 2017, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

Eight talented shooters braved the 100-degree-ish heat at Central Texas Rifle & Pistol Club this weekend and everyone did a GREAT job!  More to come, post your pictures and thoughts please.  Two new orange hats stepped up!   ^:)^   ^:)^

On the covered shooting range on the cool cement, with a gentle breeze, it really felt comfortable.

Ragnar Delta

Great shoot!

Steck

Ragnar Delta, thanks for the quick photo!  That's our new IITs, father/daughter Jeff & Maya, between Steck and Jason.

Ragnar Delta

Upside down as usual from my iPhone. I think I hold it opposite the direction Apple intended. Whoops.

I think Jason has pictures of the Rifleman patches to the same 2 Shooters from earlier in the day.

Thanks again to Steck as an excellent SB and AF5US as an equally excellent SBIT for the support and excellent instruction, as well as your tips, instruction, and patience with helping us IITs move along and progress. You both are a treasure trove of knowledge and assets to Appleseed.

Very proud of the Shooters who attended a very hot event and stuck it out. Really proud of the progress made by several who on day one said they weren't taking it too seriously and not expecting much, to being the last ones on the line on Sunday- much improved, much more confident, and truly excited to have learned and progressed so much.

Thankful for a covered range and AC breaks for the Strikes and DOM. I think that helped rejuvenate a lot of Shooters who were hot and tired.

dond

Congratulations on such a great shoot Steck.  O0
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Nashville Stage

Welcome to the new orange hats!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

AF5US

Awww, y'all make us blush  :P

I always intend to take pictures, and I usually forget.  I think Richard Jones took some also.  Don't let Ragnar fool you - he does an awesome job, and is going to get out of that orange hat pretty quickly.  You expertly called the line while Steck and I each snuck in a turn at an AQT for funsies.

Several of those shooters told us that they barely had any experience, and then really impressed us with how well they took to the rifle.  I guess that's what happens when one doesn't have to unlearn bad habits  :))  They tell us they'll be back on the range soon; we'll make riflemen out of them yet  :F
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Steck

Thanks, everybody, it really was a terrific shoot!  Already have shooters signed up for July. 

And, thanks, DonD - it's great being out on the line again.

DrRichP

It is great to see you back in action Steck!! We've known each other a very long time and I am glad to see the Texas program now getting to know you. You're an amazing woman, amazing  shoot boss, and an amazing Appleseeder. I look forward to seeing the program continuing to thrive as you share with the cadre and participants.

Thank you all for your efforts and thank you for another impressive Appleseed in Waco!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

AF5US

DrRichP I'd like to say once again, that the efforts that went into the last instructor boot camp continue to pay huge dividends - to me (& thus to students I help), and to many other attendees I speak with.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

PA-CTRP

The team (Steck, Jason, Richard, and Richard "Bones") that led our Appleseed event June 17-18 at CTRP in Waco were outstanding. Each member of the team was fully committed to teaching participants how to become a better shooter (and historian). Each of them were very patient and accommodating to our individual needs. They built a camaraderie that made everyone feel welcome and part of the family.

Unfortunately, I had to drop out of the event due to an issue with my back. My son-in-law went on the second day to serve as a guardian for my 10 year old grandson. My understanding is that the Appleseed team encouraged my son-in-law to "get in the game" and participate. This was huge because my son-in-law previously had no interest in shooting. Richard "Bones" worked with him and my grandson almost exclusively on the second day. My son-in-law had a fantastic time and shot very well given his lack of experience. He walked away with a piqued interest in shooting and I think we will be participating in more shooting activities together in the future.

I look forward to participating in a future Appleseed weekend in Waco. Thank you for making the weekend such a pleasurable experience. I highly recommend the Appleseed event regardless of your shooting ability.

Ragnar Delta

This is exactly what makes it all worth it, PA-CTRP.

We all hated to see you go down on Saturday and missed you on Sunday but as you mentioned, your son-in-law dove right in. Your grandson was a sponge and soaked up every piece of instruction thrown his way.

Hope to see all 3 of you back again soon!