Author Topic: Six events complete!  (Read 251 times)

Offline Redcoat72

• Inactive Instructor
  • Semper Vigilans
Six events complete!
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
Hi all,

Just an update on Project Mapleseed.

We have completed our sixth event and are preparing for two more in Ontario, before we head out west to do 6 events in 8 days!  It is going to be a grind, but we are looking forward to the challenge, and a bit of a break afterwards.

We returned to Bancroft, Ontario a couple of weeks ago, to the birthplace of Project Mapleseed.  We hope to make this an annual event. 
We also had our first private range event in Woodview, Ontario, where the hosts went above and beyond to prepare for the event.  Our first all-youth shoot was last Saturday and everyone learned a lot, instructors included.

We now have 22 qualified riflemen and 1 youth who shot a 216 from the prone position, with transitions.

It has been a whirlwind of activity since we decided to roll it out in January but we have come pretty far in that time.

Thanks again for all of the support, encouragement and advice!

For more information, please join us on our Facebook group, Project Mapleseed - Group discussion, we have monthly challenges that you can print and post on the group.  We also have a public Facebook page and instagram account.

You can also find us at mapleseedrifleman.com

Cheers,

-Kevin
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man