News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Advertising On Appleseed Website

Started by Bazooka Man, June 11, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Man

I'm posting this question in the open forum because I don't have a clue who to ask directly. I'm sure RWVA/Appleseed gets some kind of compensation from the nine advertisers on the Appleseed Project website. I have visited all nine of the sponsors/advertisers but have been unable to find any links to RWVA or Appleseed Project.

My question:  Is there an agreement with the nine sponsors that there is not a link or is it just an oversight on the part of RWVA/Appleseed?

RWVA could be missing out on potentially thousands of hits on their website.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

scuzzy

Quote from: Aim Small Hit Small on June 11, 2017, 12:42:31 PM
I'm posting this question in the open forum because I don't have a clue who to ask directly. I'm sure RWVA/Appleseed gets some kind of compensation from the nine advertisers on the Appleseed Project website. I have visited all nine of the sponsors/advertisers but have been unable to find any links to RWVA or Appleseed Project.

My question:  Is there an agreement with the nine sponsors that there is not a link or is it just an oversight on the part of RWVA/Appleseed?

RWVA could be missing out on potentially thousands of hits on their website.

Good question. I don't know.

Anybody out there that does?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

I asked a similar question of PHenry recently. I receive the Well Armed Woman newsletter, and subscribe to the USMC SSA facebook page, etc, and never have I seen either of them mention us.  Is that part of the definition of "partnership?" :-\
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Yankee Doodle

I would imagine a member of the AOC would understand the details of the partnership agreements.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

"Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it."
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

First Rifleman: Ramseur- 26 June 2012
Requal/Orange Hat:  Charlotte - 19 April 2015
Red Hat: 27 April 2017
Shoot Boss: 10 February 2018
KD Qualified:  Ramseur -  30 December 2018

Bazooka Man

Surely someone among the "Appleseed In Crowd" can find out the answer to my question?  How about it Yankee Doodle?
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified
(Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243)
Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC
May 4/5, 2019 Rifleman Requal (249)
Ramseur, NC
May 24/25, 2019 KD Requal
Ramseur, NC
May 14, 2020 RBC Ramseur, NC Pistoleer™ Patch (220)

ThePoet

We have agreements providing various forms of compensation and support with our sponsors.  It is unusual for sponsors/advertisers to link to the media outlet's site from their own site.  It seems like you might be unclear about the relationship between advertisers and their media outlets.  I wouldn't expect Project Appleseed/RWVA to show up on our sponsors' sites in the same way I wouldn't expect Coke or Pepsi to mention on their own websites the various networks and media outlets they buy time and/or ad space from.

I hopes explanation helps clear things up for you.  If you have further questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Quote from: Aim Small Hit Small on September 10, 2017, 11:30:24 PM
Surely someone among the "Appleseed In Crowd" can find out the answer to my question?  How about it Yankee Doodle?