Author Topic: Advertising On Appleseed Website  (Read 600 times)

Offline Aim Small Hit Small

• AppleCore
Advertising On Appleseed Website
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
I'm posting this question in the open forum because I don't have a clue who to ask directly. I'm sure RWVA/Appleseed gets some kind of compensation from the nine advertisers on the Appleseed Project website. I have visited all nine of the sponsors/advertisers but have been unable to find any links to RWVA or Appleseed Project.

My question:  Is there an agreement with the nine sponsors that there is not a link or is it just an oversight on the part of RWVA/Appleseed?

RWVA could be missing out on potentially thousands of hits on their website.
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified (Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243) Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC

Offline scuzzy

• Senior Instructor
Re: Advertising On Appleseed Website
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »
I'm posting this question in the open forum because I don't have a clue who to ask directly. I'm sure RWVA/Appleseed gets some kind of compensation from the nine advertisers on the Appleseed Project website. I have visited all nine of the sponsors/advertisers but have been unable to find any links to RWVA or Appleseed Project.

My question:  Is there an agreement with the nine sponsors that there is not a link or is it just an oversight on the part of RWVA/Appleseed?

RWVA could be missing out on potentially thousands of hits on their website.

Good question. I don't know.

Anybody out there that does?
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein.

They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards. - Chesty Puller.

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

Offline Mrs. Smith

• RWVA Instructor
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
I asked a similar question of PHenry recently. I receive the Well Armed Woman newsletter, and subscribe to the USMC SSA facebook page, etc, and never have I seen either of them mention us.  Is that part of the definition of "partnership?" :-\
"An armed society is a polite society." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Offline Yankee Doodle

• North Carolina State Coordinator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
I would imagine a member of the AOC would understand the details of the partnership agreements.
Young Members Committee -National Society,  Sons of the American Revolution

Interested in the SAR?  Shoot me a PM and I'll help you on the path to Being Revolutionary!

“Nil desperandum, -- Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it.”
― Samuel Adams

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"  ~Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775 at St. John's Parish Church, Richmond, VA

Offline Aim Small Hit Small

• AppleCore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:30:24 PM »
Surely someone among the "Appleseed In Crowd" can find out the answer to my question?  How about it Yankee Doodle?
June 15/16 2013 Rifleman (Charlotte, NC)
Feb. 7/8 2015 Rifleman (Boone, NC) (Winterseed)
April 18/19 2015 Rifleman (Ramseur, NC)
March, 2017 RBC Rifleman and KD Qualified (Ramseur, NC) Took a Blue Hat.
April 22/23, 2017 Rifleman Requal (243) Ramseur, NC
January 20/21, 2018 Rifleman Requal (244) Ramseur, NC

Offline ThePoet

• AOC Member
  • Shoot Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
We have agreements providing various forms of compensation and support with our sponsors.  It is unusual for sponsors/advertisers to link to the media outlet's site from their own site.  It seems like you might be unclear about the relationship between advertisers and their media outlets.  I wouldn't expect Project Appleseed/RWVA to show up on our sponsors' sites in the same way I wouldn't expect Coke or Pepsi to mention on their own websites the various networks and media outlets they buy time and/or ad space from.

I hopes explanation helps clear things up for you.  If you have further questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Surely someone among the "Appleseed In Crowd" can find out the answer to my question?  How about it Yankee Doodle?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:26:37 PM by ThePoet »