News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas,WY RBC/IBC 2017

Started by colonial shooter, June 06, 2017, 11:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

As promised I am starting this AAR for Engineer Shooting since he is still at gthe range in Wyoming.

The weather is beautiful, mid 80's and sunny, and a few clouds off in the distance with no wind to speak of (weird for WY).Converse County Shooting Range/Park operated by the Fort Fetterman Shooting Sports club were hosting this RBC. Thirteen (13) students and a few instructors getting some trigger time, have this event going gang busters. When I left on day 2 there were already several riflemans scores and many more knocking on the door. As usual the rifle of choice is the 10/22 and a few bolt guns are added to the fray. History has been layed out in fine fashion by Engineer Shooting, the consumatestory teller. This is an event that you should not have missed! No pics at this time but add them if you have them. Great to meet the staff which came from all over... Florida, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, what a great bunch of folks!Many thanks guys(and gals!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Mark Davis

If you are "thinking" about going to applessed in Wyoming, go to Douglas the 10th and 11th. when the bootcamp ends Friday there is still a two day appleseed.
Excellent story telling by one of  project appleseed finest storytellers.

eert

Say Hi to my buddy Ken43, as I think he signed up.  He's definitely on his way to being a DOM!

EERT

Mark Davis

Sorry EERT, I only had Sunday afternoon, and Monday morning there.  I did see some Idaho plates in the parking lot. But did not get to talk to everybody.

Engineer shooting

Quote from: eert on June 07, 2017, 12:12:45 AM
Say Hi to my buddy Ken43, as I think he signed up.  He's definitely on his way to being a DOM!

EERT

Ken43 shot the score  HUZZAH!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

M1bzrk

The nicest weather I've ever seen at a Douglas RBC!!
Attendees from Idaho, Minnesota, Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado.  None from Wyoming!  What's up with that?  Oh of course, we all were born with innate marksmanship skills!  Wasted sarcasm.  Actually, Sleepy signed up as a shooter -Thanks Rick.
Thanks to Engineer Shooting, Lucky Lori and Adobe Walls for coming all the way from Florida and running things.  Great job as usual.
Thanks to rocket, DocJoe5, RainWalker, MarathonGirl, WildMan57, Sleepy, Nik, DFBCoach , Boomerang, colonial shooter and Mark Davis for all your help.
Special thanks to MarathonGirl for transporting KD target frames and cardboard backers.
To all attendees: Thank you for coming.  You were a great bunch.  If you did not quite shoot Rifleman, remember the magic word PERSIST.  You can do it!  The same advice goes for Known Distance. 
Shawn, you did it, and did it well.  Now signup on the forum and in February you will be old enough to become an IIT!
To those who were old enough to take and orange hat and did so: Thank You.
Hope to see you in Douglas again.
POST PHOTOS!!

Boomerang

Great experience! Heartfelt thanks to all participants and especially Instructors! Special mention and appreciation: Engineer Shooting, Lucky Lori, Adobe Wells, Rocket, M1bzrk, Wildman57, MarathonGirl!! Learned a bunch and much more yet to learn. See you all on the trail:)!
Boomerang (Sid Taylor)

Lucky Lori

What  a  great  event .  If  you  missed  it  again   shame  on  you  /  Everyone   improved  and  leaned  a  lot .  it  is  always  a  GReat  event  and    a  learning  experience .   I and everyone  could not have had a better   time  and learned more  from  the   master .

llucky  lori