News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee (CVSC) June 3/4 AAR

Started by whit, June 02, 2017, 11:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Summertime is almost here......going to be a beautiful weekend in Dundee.....not too hot not too cold.

Who wants to earn a Rifleman's patch?

Whit

whit

I'm tired on this Monday morning, but it's a good kind of tired.  The event was fantastic.  The weather was great, but the shooters were even more so.

We had 5 new Riflemen and 1 new Riflewoman + 2 Riflemen requalified.  4 of these new Riflemen were on the first AQT of the weekend.  A few more shooters with scores in the 190's and the high 200's.  Mike keep at it.....clean those magazines and come to another event.....you'll blow past that 209 next time.

I'd like to say it's purely our fantastic instruction, but we always teach this way.  I think the deciding factor was the TEACHABLE ATTITUDES of the shooters.  It shows what can happen when you focus on the PROCESS.

Our youth shooters (Jake, Rachael and Ian) made huge improvements and demonstrated excellent safety.  A couple more events and they will earn their patches as well.

Keep the skills you learned through dry practice and by returning to another event.  Those of you "knocking on the door", persist.

If you are interested in purchasing the kydex/velcro cheek risers like we used at the event, you can find them here:

http://www.kyrifle.com/quick-weld-cheekrest

I will add more pictures as I gather them.  Flipper and Janer, please post the pictures of our many Riflemen.  We need to brag about our awesome shooters.

Whit

whit

Kimber Custom

We missed Flipper up in Redmond but it sure looks like she was in the right place.

Flipper

Here are my Rifleman photos. Congratulations to our 6 new Rifleman!!! It was a great weekend with some great people. See you st the next event.

Thanks,
Flipper

Flipper

More Rifleman photos.