News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2009 flier for Wyoming

Started by colonial shooter, January 04, 2009, 11:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Here it is after the long wait. The 2009 flier for Wyoming thru June. Please download, print and distribute. Don't you want to see the biggest numbers in the states history? Well lets work together and promote all of these shoots.

[attachment=1]
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

J_T

I see this is a Word 2007 formatted file, which can't be opened by Word 2000 and other versions without the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats ...

I'm not sure if the MS conversion changes the fonts --- I had to shrink a couple to make it fit on 1 page in .PDF format ... I've attached it here for wider compatibility --

colonial shooter

Thanks J_T, for fixing that. Guess I should know what program I use to make fliers in ;)
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

colonial shooter

Here is an updated flier. I have emailed it to many but need it distributed far and wide. So far I believe that Newcastle in June has the most registrations, lets get them all up.

Plato

scuzzy

Nice flyer. The WY flyer is an interesting concept, get all of the events for a particular state on one flyer.

Also, if yall haven't done so, please let Puff-TMD know about these, unless of course he already knows. He is the Flyer Guy. That way flyers can be posted on the Event Info pages too. He has a checklist of events that need flyers and that way he can check things off the "To Do List." Also it keeps us from doing flyers that have already been done by others.

I had just done a flyer today  for Douglas, WY and emailed it to Puff so it can be posted on the Event Info Page.

As far as fonts go, yeah, a document will appear differently at times when someone does a flyer using fonts unique to their computer. Most people use standard WIndows fonts, unless they have some custom fonts they installed. When somebody else, using a different computer, opens the document the formatting can be different. I ran into that recently. I am using Linux and got some docs from a Windows user and things just didn't look right (and vise-a-versa) I had to install Windows fonts on my system in order to truly see what the person that had created the document was seeing.

FYI: And as a final note, there is an office suite out there called OpenOffice that is free. It will also export files in a PDF format (File/Export as PDF) You can get it here: http://www.openoffice.org/ It's nice if you don't have alot of money for MS Office and it will read/write documents in the .doc format (but not .docx). Me and Puff use it so we can be on the same page.

Thanx for yall's work.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

colonial shooter

Scuzzy, looks good, but need to put WY@appleseedinfo.org for my contact info on the flier!

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Plato

scuzzy

Hey colonial shooter,

Should I add the email address WY@appleseedinfo.org in addition to the email info I have of unicorn466@yahoo.com, or should I delete the unicorn466@yahoo.com on the flyer and just list the WY@appleseedinfo.org address? I'll need to get our info page updated also at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4046.0

Also, since y'all have a statewide flyer, do you want individual flyers for each event? It looks like y'all have it under control there so if y'all want do to do the WY flyers I can scratch off that off my to do list. We do have the other locations in WY on our list, but haven't got to all of them yet. Let me know one way or the other, I'll help out if needed and I'll get to the other as quick as possible.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

colonial shooter

Thanks Scuzzy,

Great work. The statewide flier should have all dates that are current.

For the rest of you folks in WY lets get the word out, and get folks signed up for these events. preregistration saves money, and lets us plan for the correct coverage for instructors. The sooner the better.

Plato

colonial shooter

I almost fell out today. I went into the "Chinamart", went to the sporting goods counter looking for ammo  !@#)(no luck here) took a flier in and the clerk actually allowed me to hang it on his counter. I think that is a first. Is anyone getting these fliers out? Where so we don't waste time covering the same places.

Plato