News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upper Susitna Shooters Range Family Fun Day July 22 - Call to Arms!

Started by hogfamily, May 25, 2017, 09:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

The USSA range would like Appleseed Alaska do our Red Coat, Appleseed info, range display during the Family Fun Day on Saturday July 22.

The USSA is a great Appleseed Alaska partner. They sponsor a yearly Marksmanship Clinic at the range and do not charge us a range fee.

We have done this for a couple of years and because of it we often completely fill our line there.

I will be at work and not able to attend this year. :(

We will need at least one Red Hat Instructor, or Green Hat / Shoot Boss,  to run the event and several others, (Red Hat, Orange Hat, Blue Hat), to run the range, safety, provide AS info, &c.

We could also use some loaner Ruger 10/22s. AS Alaska will provide the .22 cal ammo.

There will be a cookout and several displays including Friends of NRA.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Slowpoke

DANG IT!!

I just today signed up to TAKE a class that weekend.  :( :wb: :'( :wb:

OK.... My 10-22 w tech sights and/or a red dot, mags and ammo can be there.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do!
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

hogfamily

This is coming up fast.

Need some folks to do this as it always results in increased attendance at the Talkeetna shoot. Exceeded the line capacity last year because of this event. (We managed to squeeze everyone in with a pop-up.)

We even had two people attend a Birchwood shoot because of our display here last year.

I believe fisherdawg will be there. I maybe able to talk one or two hogboys to go if we can get them a ride.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

hogfamily

Well nutz.

Just found out that Wally will not be able to make the USSA Family Fun Day for the same reason I can't...work.

We really need to have someone there if at all possible. It is the reason we have filled the Talkeetna AS line.

So Please if anyone can make it let me know ASAP.

If I don't hear from anyone in about a week we will need to cancel.

hogfamily

Travis, Daniel, and I will be able to make the USSA Family Fun Day!

We could use some help if anyone can make it.

Taka222

I should be able to make it - worst case is I can only be there in the afternoon, but I will update when I know for sure.
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

alaskabeachboy

Thanks for those who stepped in and made this event happen.

My family attended Family Day at the range and was so very glad to see Appleseed well represented.

Definitely helped with recruitment for the Talkeetna Shoot this past weekend. Small events like this make a real difference in getting the word out, connecting with members of the community, and recruiting for upcoming shoots!
Rep. David Eastman
Protector of Liberty

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
â€" G.K. Chesterton

Ziad Samir Jarrah's message to those aboard Flight 93:

"Ah. Here's the captain; I would like to tell you all to remain seated. We have a bomb aboard, and we are going back to the airport, and we have our demands. So, please remain quiet." (September 11th, 2001)

hogfamily

It was great to meet you and your family at the Family Fun Day.

Happy that you made it to the Marksmanship Clinic and...

HUZZAH!

...on earning your rifleman patch!

Thank you for your service.