News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club, ORLANDO

Started by ItsanSKS, January 04, 2009, 03:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

I have recently initiated contact with the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club (CFRPC) of Orlando FL, in the hopes that we will someday soon be able to count them among our friends and allies in this struggle to Save The Country.

I sent the following letter (EMAIL) to each of the Club Officers listed on their website: http://www.cfrpc.com/about.html
QuoteGentlemen,

You may already be aware of Appleseed Project, and I would like to encourage you to consider the benefits of having an Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic at your facility.

Ranges that have partnered with us to provide Appleseed marksmanship clinics have typically noticed a marked increase in range membership, as well as residual range usage by non-members.  We work diligently to promote our events, to ensure full utilization of range facilities for the clinic.

What We Are -- And What We're Not

The Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RWVA) is a gun club and an instructional school that teaches rifle shooting techniques; and also desires to maintain the heritage of the American Rifleman.

We have no affiliation with, nor do we promote or encourage, any subversive or quasi-subversive entities or acts against the United States of America or against the American People, inside or outside U.S. borders.

Any and all instruction and training conducted by RWVA is done in accordance with Federal, State and Local Laws and regulations. RWVA does not and will not train any foreign or domestic entity(ies) that could pose a threat to -- or has denounced -- the United States of America.

The Appleseed Project is a grassroots effort, by the RWVA, a 501.c.3, non-profit, all volunteer organization.  Its mission is to preserve and pass on traditional rifle marksmanship skills to Americans across this nation.

The RWVA mission is accomplished by conducting Appleseed Shoots, which are weekend rifle marksmanship clinics with American heritage presentations interspersed throughout the course.  At each Appleseed event, we strive to teach the average rifle owner the traditional Rifleman skills that have been passed on from generation to generation in America since the founding of the country.

The marksmanship course is designed for both beginner and experienced rifle shooters who want to learn how to more accurately shoot their rifle out to ranges that most modern rifle owners think of as too difficult.

If you desire to see the Rifleman heritage of America passed on to future generations, then you will love the experience at an Appleseed Shoot!

The historical presentations of the Appleseed weekend will take you back to the time that the American Rifleman heritage began....April 19th, 1775.   This was the beginning of America, with the "shot heard around the world" and birth of the heritage of Riflemen in this nation.

At Appleseed, our instructors share the stories and lives of those that were present on that special day in American history.  We will share with you the Tradition and Heritage that the earliest patriots began and have passed on to us.

Take a look at what Chris Knox of the Firearms Coalition wrote about his experience at an Appleseed Shoot  http://www.firearmscoalition.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=147&Itemid=63

Also, Stewart Rhodes, of SWAT Magazine, joined us at an Appleseed and wrote about his experience in the February 2008 issue of SWAT Magazine.  In that article, he says, "That is why this is no mere shooting program.  This is a path back to regaining an essential part of what it means to be an American".

Appleseed Shoots are family friendly events, with kids under 21 attending FREE, women attending free, and the RWVA offers all Appleseed events FREE to all U.S. military.

Please visit the RWVA on the web at www.appleseedinfo.org to get more information about this exciting, nation-wide program.

I sincerely hope that we can work together to bring an Appleseed clinic to the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club.  If you are interested in seeing an Appleseed marksmanship clinic in action, we have two scheduled in the next couple of weeks; one at the Manatee Gun and Archery Club, and another at the Hernando Sportsmans Club.  We would greatly appreciate your attendance at either of these venues, to witness first-hand our methods of instruction.

Thank you for your consideration.

Please contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Eric E. McCabe
Florida State Coordinator,
Revolutionary War Veterans Association

I literally *just* sent the email, so it may be days or weeks before I get a reply (if at all).  Keep your fingers crossed, and I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ItsanSKS

Got a reply..  Seems the CFR&P Club is short staffed- anyone got some spare time to volunteer?

QuoteCFR&PC is an organization run entirely by volunteers.  That implies that we operate under a set of resource constraints that require us to be selective about what projects we take on.  Our safety rules require that we provide our own Range Safety Officers and other staffing for any activity brought in to our ranges by outsiders, individual or organizational.  Quite simply, our volunteer RSOs are already saturated by other commitments.  Quite simply, no one stepped forward to provide the staffing for your event.  I do not believe this reflects on your program or our evaluation of it.  Rather, it is an indication of the level of activity already in place at CFR&PC and the commitment of our volunteers to those activities.

Michael D. Langfield
President
Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc.
Mail:   14646 Weewahootee Road
        P.O. Box 621985
        Orlando, FL 32862-1985
Voice:  +1 (407) 737-3678
Mobile: +1 (407) 701-1030
E-mail: President2007-2009@cfrpc.com

Sounds like if we could get some volunteers to work the range, we could host an Appleseed there.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

mlle.yotnottin

I went out to the CFRPC last weekend and it looks like a very nice and well run club.  I also want to make a visit to Chuluota Sportsmen's Club  http://www.chuluotasportsmensclub.com/ located out near Oviedo.  These two clubs seem to be the best thing going around the Orlando area.

We want to join up everyone in our company to one of these clubs so I'm looking for something convenient for everyone.  Give me a little time to get this together and we'll see if we can get one or the other of them involved in Appleseed events.

Mlle.Yotnottin