News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Range, Tallahassee, Florida 20 May 2017

Started by Engineer shooting, May 24, 2017, 01:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times…

Fantastic shooting and fellowship, horrible weather. When it wasn't raining and storming (Friday night and Saturday night 5 inches measured) it was 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Tim from Hurlburt came back and scored Rifleman on two AQTs, one was a 210 so we thawed out some frozen North Bridge water for a proper baptism. Some high scores on the KD range with a 49 and 48 being recorded (out of 50 hits count).

Sunday morning was wet and soggy but by noon the grass was dry and the thermometer only got to 78.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

Good times indeed, congratulations to Tim for scoring rifleman. As always we had a blast on the KD range. I have to say - the KD high scores were none other than our own shooting machines RG and 9mm, good show you two, good show! We also had triple birthdays this past weekend, happy birthday to Silver bullet, saltwater shooter and Gun junkie!! The IDMR is like home and the folks there are like family, I guess that makes me the slightly annoying and taller younger brother? Anyway....enjoy the few pictures I took below.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

gunjunkie

We did indeed have some crazy weather, made for some sleepless nights in camp but I did enjoy the light show. The line looked like a sea of red as the instructors outnumbered the shooters about two to one. A good time was had by all and the weather was all forgotten when we hit the firing line and the great story's and instruction began. It is never a bad time at the IDMR and is much like BC said, like going home. It was great to see everyone and can't wait to do it again. Congratulation to Tim for two great rifleman scores and to Rambo Granny and 9mm4545 for the high scores on the KD.
As always I would like to thank Engineer Shooting and Lucky Lori for a great weekend. See you all next month!   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

Lot's of fun had by all.  Another awesome shoot at the IDMR.  Always look forward  to them.  Great to see everyone.  Congrats to Tim on earning your Rifleman patch - and "Pokey" Mike for showing that he's still got it with his re-quals - all others made lots of progress -  hope to see everyone back soon.  Thanks Ken and Lori for having us. 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Timber Wolf

Great attentive shooters on the line, thanks for being patient with the afternoon Line Boss.  Fellowship at the IDMR is unparalleled anywhere else I venture and a real refreshing treat.  Good folks to have your kids around. ;).  Dad and the riflewoman-in-training (and the cook-dog) will be back.  Special thanks to RG for the personal training for CB and 9mm4545 for the gunsmithing keeping things rolling.  And of course to Ken & Lori for, well, everything!

Engineer shooting

Still haven't dried out the awnings and table cloths.   :wb:

Went back today and found a stunning 7 more inches of rain had fallen yesterday, major erosion on the 400 yard range. It's back to the shovel for me!   :slap:
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

I'll be back up for the 6.24-25 event. I volunteer to run a shovel for you on Saturday. I don't know much about technology or high society but I can operate a hammer and shovel good!   
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Lucky Lori

Thank you  Everyone  who  came   helped  and  enjoyed the bad weather  weekend .  It was  Great  to celebrate  all of the birthday's .  Thank  You  Thank  You  instructors .  Wish  I could  add more  but  I got  home late today  and  leave tomorrow  for wyoming  event  and  gone  for  3 weeks .  See  and  taLK  to you  when  i return.  Lucky  Lori