News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New opportunity to advertise your local (Florida) events!

Started by ItsanSKS, January 04, 2009, 12:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

An administrator from another forum,www.southernguntrader.com was kind enough to donate forum space dedicated to Appleseed.  There is a specific sub-forum for Florida here: http://southernguntrader.com/index.php?board=88.0

Please help me keep this website up-to-date with info regarding new shoots, new promotional ideas, and general discussion regarding Appleseed in your state.

I have registered the user name 'Project Appleseed' on that website, and am the moderator for the Appleseed portion of the website. 

PM me here or there to coordinate our efforts.

ItssnSKS out.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

mrwigglezdj

im more than happy to try and help out in any way i can, and if there is anything i can do to help further rather it be by use of the forum or other means ill do what i can do O0

like stated above i gave him control of the part of the forum for appleseed, and at anytime if there is a section (ie) state thats not listed and you would like to add your state on there you can pm him or myself and it will be done asap
and there is also a calander on the site as well if you would rather just add a shoot date there ...just some options

SamD

Anyone listed the 31Jan 1 Feb shoot at Hernando on this yet?

I asked Cassandra last night and she told me that there were 52 gun dealers between Tampa and Ocala  O0 and only 3 of them had a flyer for the Hernando Shoot :'(.  Then I sat down an ciphered it out, those 3 shops each found the one person who pre registered for that shoot.  Only need to hit the other 49 dealers to get a great crowd to teach.
Tell every third dealer that they'll probably sell an LTR on the 2nd of Feb and they'll be happy to advertise for us.

Sam

SamD

Somebody is doing something down there, 5 more drifted in.

Florida is packed with people, more in Orlando than in my whole state! 
You got serious population density down there, which SHOULD equate to serious Appleseed attendance.
Lets get 'em on the firing line. O0 We got a country to save adn they aren't doing it at DisneyWorld!

Sam

SamD

OK anyone send flyers to those other 49 gun shops yet?

Sam

ItsanSKS

We have a new member that lives in the Ocala area, that is working on this as we speak.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

SamD

Ok IStan.
How many shops has your Ocala guy contacted and left flyers with so far? been 4 days already.

I asked Casandra to check my contacts in Ocala. There are at least 4 people in Ocala that have not seen a flyer. :'(

EventBrite needs to be clogged with Appleseed entries for that Hernando shoot and 11 won't do it.

Is there a flyer on the door at Shooting Sports Inc. over on Dale Mabry?  How many flyers on their counter?
Need the same info for  Shoot Straight on 301 and the Indoor Shooting company on Fowler.
Likewise any contact with Ol' Time Gun Shop in Hudson

TnTimberwright

Keep it up guys. You two are doing great. ;D

Sam, one of these days you'll have to teach me how you pull up those gun shops (I need to learn about casandra or whatever). That's cool. 8)

TnTimberwright
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.----George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
----George Washington

funfaler

OK folks,

The Florida branch of the Appleseed family needs some help!

There are many things that we can do to help them, even if we do not live locally. 

Below is a list of those shoot specific promotional items that we can do, you will see that many of these can be done from afar, no need to set foot in that lousy, sunny state  ;) ;D

Here is the list, I will note those items that can be done via internet!

1) Flyer distribution:  We need to list all the possible locations we can, folks lack imagination
  a) Gun/Sports Shops
  b) Gun shows
  c) Grocery Stores and Wal-marts
  d)  Community Centers:  VFW, American Legions, Mason Halls, Church, work, Send email flyers to the local chapters
  e) Barber shops
  f) Local colleges, universities.  Be sure to look for shooting programs on campus, they can be good partners in this effort!
  g) Auto dealers, motorcycle dealers, surfboard dealers (gotta think of Ca.)
  h) Assisted Living communities-Retirement homes 
  I) Fire Stations, Police Stations, Union halls, Volunteer fire departments, trade centers We can send flyers via email
  j)  Non-sponsoring gun clubs- Normally pistol/shotgun only ranges, sometimes indoors.
  k)  Book stores/magazine racks.  Slide them inside gun magazines, as "inserts", be smart about it.

2)  Internet tools
  a) Other forums (supply list of suggestions)  This is huge, find the ones they have done and bump them, with a comment, also list these shoots on the forums you don't see them on
  b) Community Calendars for surrounding towns/cities   internet search in the surrounding cities.  City Name, "community event calendar" you will find many, just a quick blub will do, include the web site
  c) GOA Event announcements
  f)  Send announcements to your friends/family in your address book, ask them to forward it to their address book.

3)  Other organizations within the state, send announcements.
  a)  State Shooter's associations  We at least need to send an email flyer to them
  b)  State gun rights political groups:  Conceal carry, 2A groups, Campaign for Liberty, Democrats/Republican (must do both or neither)  Email flyers
  c)  Boy Scouts:  Local troops  Email flyers
  d)  4H:  Local chapters.  Email flyers
  e)  DAR/SAR chapters   Email flyers
  f)  Four Wheeler groups, mud/ridge runner groups  Email flyers

4)  Coordination with host club/range
  a)  ensure they have plenty of flyers and they are hung up
  b)  ensure they have event posted on their website/calendar
  c)  ensure they have put event in club News letter
  d)  "advertise" at club for help with local promotions for this event, to get others to help distribute flyers in the community

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

funfaler

Folks, when you take up one of the above tasks, post here which one you are doing, that way we don't double up.  Also, post when you are done.

Can this band of internet commandos actually put words into action to perform deeds?

The Florida folks need our help, shall we help our fellow Appleseeders in Rifleman fashion?

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

mlle.yotnottin

I'm not sure doubling up on tasks is an issue with a lot of this.  We hand out info at work.  I've placed a stack of flyers at Shoot Straight in Apopka for the upcoming Hernando event. I also carry around a stack of flyers in my car so I always have some on hand.

The problem is there are just not enough hours in the day to get it all done so little pieces when time provides has to suffice for some of us. Divide and conquer!

Mlle.Yotnottin

douglas34474

OK, who's the new guy in Ocala, that was my job. Serious, who else is in Ocala?

We need to get together and see what we can do.

I need to let Fred know I got the word out on our local radio station in Gainesville, Fl. today.

I'm making plans for the April Appleseed in Hernando.

Has any body checked with the Gainesville Gun Range? Seems like all the activity is South of us.

Doug