News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH 20-21 MAY 2107 CCFSA

Started by Longrifleman, May 21, 2017, 09:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association absolutely must be the best Appleseed range anywhere!

Top notch facilities, a safe and wide-open shooting bay, and a staff that makes Appleseed feel like they're second to none are all the benefits we enjoy every time we show up here and this time was no exception. Rick got our bay set up and readied while Jon and Angie served a fantastic hot lunch that's making my mouth water just thinking about it. Special thanks to everyone at CCFSA for all they do for us!

"But what about the Appleseed event?' you ask?

Well, let me tell you all about the 18 shooters who shot so good they scared away all the rain. Just check out these Redcoat stats:

# of Shooters    100        200         300          400       Shingle       Cleared
Sat AM                   18               8           5             3              1            3                 0
Sat PM                   16               7           6             3              2            3                 2
Sun AM                  17               9           7             5              4            4                 3
Sun PM                  17              15          8             8              2            4                 1

Now that's some shootin'  O0

Every shooter made incredible improvement over the course of the weekend and, by the end of it all, FOUR shooters joined the elite rank of Riflemen! Rob and Chris P. set the pace early on as both nailed the patch with a 223 and a 219, respectively, on the very first AQT of the weekend. Not to be outdone, Chris F. joined in with a 219 and before it was over Brad broke in with a 216.

We couldn't resist dousing Chris F. with a little North Bridge river water as he re-qualified with, you know it, a 210. Rob and Chris P. also re-q'd but managed to avoid the special treatment!

Jason was knocking on the door again and so were Bree and Cait but we can't leave out Kirk who brought the whole neighborhood to the event but couldn't quite cross that elusive goal. Thanks for stepping up Kirk! Bring back Keith Big, Keith Little, Logan, and Nick and we'll forge them into Riflemen too!

Joel, Elijah, and Jacob rocked their rifles and Riley blew us away with his mad skills -- it won't be any surprise to see a patch on him before long. Finally, the shooter who showed the most improvement and future potential, Kenzie. A little practice and a rifle of her own and she'll be hard to beat! (Hint Hint, Grandpa ;))

Thanks to each and every one of you for coming out and remember the Appleseed message- Get off the couch and fight for our liberty! Then get your friends off the couch!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

goodoldfriend

I will do my best to get the photos I took posted.

Thanks to everyone who came to the event.

I was very impressed and am eagerly awaiting seeing everyone back.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

ShooterDad

We had a great time. Obviously since I missed Riflemen by once shot I will be back and the kids want to come back too.

Jacob wants to do the July one and I am not sure I can take the heat. LOL

For sure September.

I'll look forward to the pics Matt. Thanks for taking some. I have forgot at both events.

goodoldfriend

ShooterDad,

I am glad you had a good time and I look forward to seeing you the next time you come out.

Be sure to do some dry practice (sometimes called dry fire). You will be amazed at the progress.

Practice the steady hold factors and the six steps.

You will make it.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

DGMilty

Thanks to the shooters for sticking it out all weekend.
I saw lots of improvement over the weekend.  Kirk did a great job getting the neighborhood and the family out.  Thanks to  Longrifleman for a great shoot well done, and thanks to CCFSA for making us feel at home.

Personally I would like to thank Vista Outdoor for making ammo available to the youth shooters (obviously purchased by the parents).

As with the pictures, will do my best to get them posted.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

ShooterDad

Quote from: DGMilty on May 23, 2017, 06:46:46 PM

Personally I would like to thank Vista Outdoor for making ammo available to the youth shooters (obviously purchased by the parents).

I'll second that. With my crew it really helps me out a lot. My kids love shooting and going through 2k rounds in a weekend gets pricey.

Thanks DG for making it available for us. I'm sure gonna go through it as this kids are all over doing our own range day practice.

goodoldfriend

I am trying to post the photos. Sorry for the delay.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016