News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Wears Valley Ranch, 02 & 03 June 2017

Started by Guardian, June 04, 2017, 08:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian

We had four Patriots turn out for this Friday/Saturday event at Wears Valley Ranch, the first Appleseed for all! As usual, WVR was a gracious host. Jim Wood, the director of WVR, opened the event with an explanation of the facility's purpose and a welcome. Following Instructor introductions, we started learning the safety protocols for the event. Then, we started the marksmanship, heritage, and Liberty instruction!

We covered the fundamentals of marksmanship! We heard the Three Strikes of the Match! We also talked a lot about Liberty!

We spent extra time on Friday refining our positions and learning to incorporate the six steps. Saturday, we got into AQTs after reviewing the fundamentals of marksmanship.

Jane, you are the epitome of perseverance! You did very well this weekend. Continue refining positions to work for you and focus on firing by the numbers (six steps).

Andrew, you are an excellent shooter and were knocking on the door of Rifleman! Dry fire practice will have you scoring 210 or better at your next event.

Seth, you made good improvement throughout the event. Your prone position looked excellent! Dry firing at home will help you learn to relax into the sling and find that NPOA. Remember to fire every shot by the numbers and it will eventually become subconscious.

Rena, you were the best first time shooter (first time firing a firearm) I've seen! I'm very proud of your accomplishment. Practice, practice, practice!

It was my pleasure to serve y'all this weekend! Thank you for coming out! I especially appreciate everyone's conscientiousness about safety. I hope you enjoyed the event and I look forward to seeing you all at another event.

NOTE: Someone is missing a set of powered black ear muffs. If you find them in your stuff, please let me know via PM and we'll figure out how to get it to the owner.

ETA: The ear muffs have been located!

CokeGuy

Thanks so much for being the Shoot Boss for this event. Sounds like you properly introduced some willing participants to Appleseed.
I am sure that all went smoothly with your leadership.
Everett