News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stacked feet shooting position (information for three o'eight)

Started by rscottb, May 21, 2017, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rscottb

This is directed to .308's wife.  We discuss the stacked feet shooting position as an alternate sitting position.  We chatted on Saturday and I mentioned it as a method for those who struggle with the usual sitting position.  As a forum nube, I have not discovered how to start a private message.

http://artoftherifle.com/surely-you-cant-be-serious/2014/11/surely-you-cant-be-serious.html

TallSteve

I read the same blog post and tried it awhile back.  Works well.  I am a fan of what works. 
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

308LIBERTY

Thanks, Scott. I think this may even be similar to a position a lady marksman uses, who only has one arm.

Quote from: . . on May 21, 2017, 09:24:04 PM
This is directed to .308's wife.  We discuss the stacked feet shooting position as an alternate sitting position.  We chatted on Saturday and I mentioned it as a method for those who struggle with the usual sitting position.  As a forum nube, I have not discovered how to start a private message.

http://artoftherifle.com/surely-you-cant-be-serious/2014/11/surely-you-cant-be-serious.html
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

stoneknives

I've seen this position used for black powder silhouette shooting with long barrel rifles. The only possible concern I would is muzzle placement with the plethora of short rifles on the Appleseed line.
The Appleseed firing line is not the place to acquire a really interesting nickname..

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

B.C.

Quote from: stoneknives on May 22, 2017, 02:20:59 PM
I've seen this position used for black powder silhouette shooting with long barrel rifles. The only possible concern I would is muzzle placement with the plethora of short rifles on the Appleseed line.
The Appleseed firing line is not the place to acquire a really interesting nickname..

Henry

Oh boy, I hope we don't see any new forum names like "9 toes" or "thislittlepiggywenttoheaven" or "limpy"
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

rscottb

Amongst my wheelchair brethren, we can laugh at ourselves and use an appropriate dark humor name.

Too tall comes to mind.

I would love to have some nickname poking fun at my predicament. It ain't changing, so let's laugh.

rscottb

Seriously, it is a safety issue, one must do this with some sort of reasonable barrel overhang past the feet.

DrRichP

It also seems as though it would require muscle control, muscle being the enemy of good shooting. But if it works ...
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

stoneknives

Quote from: stoneknives on May 22, 2017, 02:20:59 PM

My concern would only be safety.  I have been told me "there are as many seated positions as there are seats"

Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry