News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors needed

Started by Slowpoke, May 17, 2017, 08:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowpoke

We are getting a range at the Midnight Sun Firearms Expo (MSFE) 17-18 June 2017.  https://www.msfe-ak.com/  The event will be at Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park (BRSP) in Chugiak, Alaska.

This is a first-time event, and we are in.  The plan is for us to have Redcoat targets, 10-22s and ammo for attendees.  If they can shoot the target clean they get a free T-shirt.  Hopefully this will encourage them to come to one our regular events.  To be clear, this is not a regular Appleseed clinic.  It is just a chance to get some attention and maybe reach a few more people.

Fisherdawg will be there, and FourFans too (after work on Sun).  I will be too, but my attention may be somewhat divided.  It would be Great if some of you could come out and help run our range.

If I get a solid headcount of who can be there, and when, I can get Vendor Passes, so you can get in at no charge (normally $25).

If you can attend and have an AR-15 type rifle you don't mind letting people shoot that would be useful.  I'm working on getting ammo.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  I'm not a decision-maker in this, but if I don't know the answer, I'll know whom to ask.

Hope to see you there!

V/R
Slowpoke
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2016/06/safety-is-for-always.html

Taka222

I'm in and and have an AR if wanted :cool2:
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

hogfamily

I can be there. Either one full day or part of two days.

A few of my boys for part of the time too.

If we can get them I would suggest tri-folds with our shoot schedules. Maybe some chamber flags as a consolation prize for those that don't clear the redcoat.

I could have an AR available when I'm there.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Slowpoke

Awesome and Thanks!

Taka222: You and your AR (named Vera?) will be most welcome!

Hogfamily: I look forward to seeing you, your AR, and a few of your boys whenever you can be there. Great idea re: the consolation prizes/tri-folds.
As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun.  While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.
Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. --Thomas Jefferson

hogfamily

Please plan on me and a couple of our boys on Saturday for set up.

We will fill in where needed after that.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Slowpoke

Hogfamily: Awesome! I'll get vendor passes for you guys. We'll probably pass them around among ourselves as people come and go.

Everyone: I just realized that I implied something earlier, but maybe I wasn't as clear as I thought. (As I understand it) the only way a person can even get in the gate of BRSP on the weekend of the expo is either with a vendor pass, or by paying admission. Like Fisherdawg said in his PM, we could use a few more Instructors (orange and red hats). Please let me know if you want to attend, there is no reason a volunteer should have to pay admission.

Thanks!

Shooternotrifle

I should be able to work Sunday all day(though a break at one point to do a quick tour would be nice).

Starbuck

It looks like there are places in the schedule for me on
Saturday afternoon (1430-1900) and
Sunday morning (1000-1430)

My AR-15 can attend!!

PHenry

Where is that ItsanSKS??? ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Slowpoke

A quick note to welcome Shooternotrifle and Starbuck! 

If anyone else can attend, even for half a day, you are most welcome. I cannot predict how busy we will be, we might need all the help we can get.

And yes, the plan is for us to take opportunities to check out the rest of the Expo. Should be an opportunity to see some interesting stuff, and maybe collect some swag.

Thanks all!

Pete!

I think that I can do half a day for one of those days. I'm not sure which one yet.

EDIT: I may bring my niece with me to help. I would need a vendor pass for her too.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Slowpoke

Pete!

Right On! Thanks!Welcome Aboard!

If your schedule firms up, let me know when you will be there, if not, we'll adjust fire right up to the time you get to the gate.  O0

ItsanSKS

Quote from: PHenry on May 23, 2017, 12:11:44 PM
Where is that ItsanSKS??? ^-^

Observing from the top of the world.

AKA living vicariously through the dedicated and hard working volunteers in the great state of Alaska.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

FourFans

Maybe 5-6 numbered passes would be easiest AS1, AS2 etc, then we just figure out the hand-offs.
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

fisherdawg

I've looked this over and we just don't have the coverage we need to be safe.
I'm calling us off.
With regrets,
Fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

FourFans

In that case, I've got an extra 150 schedule/flyers if we need them.
Bummer
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

Slowpoke

All:

It is way past time that I reply to this thread, and for that I apologize. 

Truth is, once I recovered from the 3-Gun championship, I opened this thread to answer questions, give details, make final arrangements, and…

…I'm really glad I did not post what I was thinking when I saw things had changed.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OFFERED SUPPORT!!

I will continue to refrain from talking about my feelings. A Rifleman Persists.

(612) 756-9765 (slo-wpōk) or 612slowpoke@gmail.com