News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Community Calendars

Started by Scout, January 03, 2009, 12:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

BigIce, can you and your Craiglist crew work on listing in community calendsars? You guys did a great job in the Craiglistings. Can you round them up and get them started on this? We will need all the promo we can get for some of the shoots and RBCs. If we can get them listed in community calendars we will be that much ahead. Thanks!!
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

bigiceman

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

bigiceman

Posted in Events Guide http://eventguide.com/ for Dallas and have a submission for Austin, San Antonio and Houston to send to them.

More later.

Scout

Great, how are you listing it? I just tried several searches and came up with nothing yet, though I am sure it has to be approved first. Usually I have to wait one to three days to get an event approved. Thanks BI!
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

bigiceman

Quote from: Scout on January 04, 2009, 01:26:57 PM
Great, how are you listing it? I just tried several searches and came up with nothing yet, though I am sure it has to be approved first. Usually I have to wait one to three days to get an event approved. Thanks BI!

I listed it as an Appleseed Marksmanship Clinic. I am sure there is some down time before it shows up. That would be especially true since today is not a regular work day. They had Dallas a an electronic choice for a metro area, but not the other large Texas cities. The submission I for the other cities will be a fax to them on Monday. Gonna have to look and see if there isn't something like the GOA site for community calendars somewhere.

WestTx

Ahead of you already for the El Paso area. I didn't post in the Spanish language calendars though.
Rifleman. That says it all.

bigiceman

Quote from: WestTx on January 04, 2009, 10:15:18 PM
Ahead of you already for the El Paso area. I didn't post in the Spanish language calendars though.

Do we have Spanish speaking instructors?

How did you post it to them? El Paso isn't one of the few major areas.

WestTx

Every radio, TV and cable station has a community calendar. You just have to find them and post them.
Yo hablo poquito espanol and yo quiero Taco Bell.
Rifleman. That says it all.

bigiceman

I was thinking if you were talking about the Events Guide people in particular. Yeah, I am on my way into the events calendar quest myself. Gonna be a long one.