News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AR500 steel targets

Started by Pelon, May 14, 2017, 09:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

Anyone know of a place in NC to buy various sized AR500 steel targets?

Or an Appleseeder who sells them?

I'm working on a target that has from 3" to 12" targets.

Pelon

Nashville Stage

There's an Appleseeder (Hobbs) on the "Deals & Steals" section of the forum who sells steel targets, including a steel version of the AQT. I have no personal experience with those, so I can't give an endorsement one way or the other. It looks like he hasn't been on the forum in a few months, but you could try sending him a PM.

While at the NRA convention the other week, I looked at just about every booth that sold steel targets. Looking back through my brochures, I don't see any that are in NC, but a few are close:

- Tatargets.com is in PA, and offers free shipping on their basic gong plates. I bought a handful of various sizes in 3/8" thickness at the convention. They're inexpensive & seem well-made. I have not shot them yet, though.

- Challengetargets.com is in KY. They have a nice .22LR dueling tree for only $189. Caliper picked one of those up, so he could give you a review if you wanted.

- Hmgunworks.com is in GA. The person I talked to (Jason Vaughn) said he used to be involved with Appleseed, so he would give a discount on his products.

Hope that helps!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Pelon

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
I'm working out of town so it will be a few days.

goodoldfriend

I think I saw our local Cabela's selling them. You might check there if one is close.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016