News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2018 IDMR RBC is on the schedule, you need to be there!

Started by B.C., May 12, 2017, 11:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Greetings Florida, good news! The 2018 RBC at the world renowned Issac Davis Memorial Range and Gardens is on the schedule, get yourself over to TIPS and sign up now.

Tallahassee, FL RBC Month January 28-February 2, 2018

For those of you hearty Floridians who have not attended a boot camp or have not been to the Tallahassee facility this is your chance for glory my friends. The weather that time of year will be perfect and the comradery will be even better. The IDMR has 400 yards of KD goodness and I guarantee you'll be giggling with joy every time you depress that bang switch of love sending lead into that 400 yard steel D target. A day at the IDMR is like a day on the farm, every meal a banquet, every firing line a parade! I LOVE THE IDMR!!

Pictures say more than words, here are links to previous boot camps in Tallahassee:

2017: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=50370.msg341094#msg341094
2016: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=47650.0

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Timber Wolf

300blackoutguy

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend upon the support of Paul."

minnesotarabit

B.C. let me have dates, please. Need to calendar this.

So proud of your new green hat! Looking forward to seeing you at Melrose, and all the other instructors.

I will do my best to be at IBC-IDMR, might not be able to shoot as last surgery in mid-December, if it is Jan like normal, but I can at least cheerlead!

minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

JustKim

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!  I had the BEST time last year at the RBC - I will have to say - one of my fondest memories!!!  IT WAS THAT GOOD!!! Even the COLD weather couldn't keep me away!  Looking forward to spending some good quality time with some good quality people!!  Nothing like it!!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

B.C.

Hi Florida! Please make sure to plug this event to all your students at upcoming shoots. All the cool kids will be there and I promise you will have a great time!

Engineer shooting

Part regular Appleseed weekend   :---

Part KD, shoot out to 400 yards earn a patch   O0

Part IBC, move up a rank   ..:..

Camping, shooting,  story telling, something for everyone. Get out the word!     ~~:)
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Timber Wolf

Quote from: Engineer shooting on August 24, 2017, 02:31:40 PM
Part regular Appleseed weekend   :---

Part KD, shoot out to 400 yards earn a patch   O0

Part IBC, move up a rank   ..:..

Camping, shooting,  story telling, something for everyone. Get out the word!     ~~:)

All that and more in a great venue with terrific folks.  Anybody fence-sitting about attending needs to just make it happen.  Being immersed in the program for a whole week is an experience exponentially beyond a two day 'seed.  Lots of shooting, history, camping, fellowship, while eating camp food cooked with FIRE, what's not to love?  :1luvu

Engineer shooting

Bump  ..:..
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Marquis de M

---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

B.C.

All: The IDMR RBC date is drawing ever so closer.......tell everyone you know!

TheMenace

I attended last year as a student. It was a blast! I recommend it for anyone who wants to experience Appleseed to its fullest. The range is ideal for the purpose and Ken and Lori are awesome hosts! I'm returning this year as an instructor to learn even more from the team. If you are able you must go. Put it on your calendar! Sign up today!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

GeorgePBurdell

For those that are finding it difficult to get an entire week off to attend the RBC, is there any value in attending just part of the week (e.g. last 3 days if allowed to do so) ... or is there just too much knowledge shared in the preceding days that would create too much of a learning curve?

Marquis de M

Being just a lowly IIT, but student of the last RBC, here's my take: if you've never been at an Appleseed before, I would assume that everybody would be lost if coming to the last three days, but if you could come the first 3 days from Sun to Tue, that would be fantastic.
I experienced the final 3 days to be fine tuning of skills acquired during the initial days and speed is thus quicker than during the initial days.
Also, if missing the initial days, you'd miss out on all the fine stories and basic instruction sessions, given that the instructions in second half of course build upon knowledge during initial days.
Hope that helped!
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

B.C.

Quote from: GeorgePBurdell on November 25, 2017, 10:19:45 PM
For those that are finding it difficult to get an entire week off to attend the RBC, is there any value in attending just part of the week (e.g. last 3 days if allowed to do so) ... or is there just too much knowledge shared in the preceding days that would create too much of a learning curve?

Greetings,

Thanks for asking. I know you made rifleman a few months back in St Augustine. You are most welcome to attend if you can get the time off, I would recommend you come for the first 3 or 4 days.

B.C.

There is a short video slide picture presentation from the January 2017 boot camp posted on YouTube, here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7PLXGflRg

Ever wonder what happens at a RBC? Watch the video.

Timber Wolf

Quote from: B.C. on November 27, 2017, 01:21:51 PM
There is a short video slide picture presentation from the January 2017 boot camp posted on YouTube, here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7PLXGflRg

Ever wonder what happens at a RBC? Watch the video.

Wow, I see a bunch of Orange Hats.  And some very handsome Rifleman sporting "Long Range" patches there at the end. 

B.C.

LAST CHANCE FLORIDA! Boot camp starts this weekend at the IDMR. Drop your *%#@ and grab your socks and prepare for a great week of all things Appleseed and KD.