News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, FL May 6-7, 2017

Started by Engineer shooting, May 08, 2017, 06:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Nine Instructors, nine students where else than Appleseed could that ratio exist? Much improvement of the first timers was seen. Some long lost Appleseeders return and moaned about Marksmanship being a perishable skill, yet by day two they acquitted themselves well.

Kim and Chuck deserve special thanks for making the arrangements on base.  :bow:

Thank goodness SUMMER arrived early in May, to create some adversity, to build character. Not that there's a shortage of characters in Appleseed.  ;D
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

gunjunkie

Another great safe shoot at Hurlburt. The shooting line was slim but appeared large with all the instructors, everyone had all the one on one they could handle. Although we didn't produce any new rifleman we did see many scores double from Saturday to Sunday with a few coming oh so close. I know they will all be back more determined than ever to get that patch.
I would like to say thanks to Engineer Shooting, Lucky Lori, Adobe Walls, (my wife Just Kim), Stan_The_Man and Chaos07 and it was great to see Tim and Mike back in action. Lets do it again soon!   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

Another fantastic weekend of shooting!!  All shooters showed up with teachable attitudes and it showed in the increasing scores.  Caroline was high score the first day - shoot like a girl if you can!!  Her dad Shawn made amazing progress on day two!  Rick and Aminta made tons of progress on day one and unfortunately didn't make it back day two, but look forward to seeing them again.  Jeff also made huge progress.  I'm sure we will see all of these shooters again - all walked away with enthusiasm and determination to come back and earn that patch!!  Thanks as always to Ken, Lori and Richard for making the trip over and running such an amazing event.  Thanks to Chuck - he always come to the rescue with quick repairs.  Duane, Tim and Stan all did awesome jobs with their IIT duties.  Mike - we look forward to seeing you back with your orange hat - you have proven your self and abilities once again even after being a little rusty! 
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan