News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sportsman's Warehouse Appleseed information booth / table

Started by hogfamily, May 01, 2017, 08:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

Saturday June 3 and Saturday July 1.

We are signed up at Sportsman's Warehouse to have a Project Appleseed Alaska table display.

Set up will be about 10:30 - 11:00 am and take down will be around 5:00 - 6:00pm depending on how many folks stop in.

One or two hogboys and myself will be there and we would welcome anyone else that would like to help us provide AS information and hand out AS tri-folds and schedules. I'm thinking of having a drawing for a couple shoots.

We are not obligated to keep the July 1 date if we decide that we are not getting enough intrest in the info "booth".

If anyone has ideas to help attract folks to the table I'm all ears.

I am planning to have our Brown Bess, French musket, and Pennsylvania rifle on display. Travis, if he is not working, will wear the Frontier Rifleman costume. I believe Wally said that we could hand out Redcoat targets.

I'm not sure there will be enough space for the flag display. I think the map display should be fine. Maybe we can place something attractive on the back of the map display also.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

FiremanBob

I recently did a table at my local Field & Stream in Charlottesville. Among the handouts was a sheet listing the entire 2017 schedule for Virginia, so that people could take it and make plans. I also gave out Redcoats and some AQTs, and chamber flags.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

hogfamily

I would say that the June 3rd Sportsman's display was a success.

Hogfamily, aka Bill, and two Blue Hat hogboys, Joseph and Shane, (along with an honorary hogboy), set up and recovered the display.

Handed out about 40 info packets that included tri-folds, an Alaska Appleseed schedule, a history of Project Appleseed,  and Redcoat Hits Count targets.

Also handed out many more Redcoat targets.

Used a couple of firelocks to attract folks attention to the table and then gave them the spiel.

I think there will be several people attend a shoot because of the info provided.

The staff and management of Sportsman's were great. They provided a table, offered to help with the set up and take down, and directed folks to the display.

On advice of the Sportsman's staff I changed the date and time of the next display to Friday June 30th 1400-2030. Anyone that wants to help out is welcome.

DrRichP

Hello HogFamily,

Thank you for doing this. We found this to be a great way to network and find out about new ranges to host Appleseed.

One thing we did at NRAAM was to bring a laptop computer and/or a tablet with us and sign people up for events at the discounted rate of $25. If that is something you would be interested (and I'm sure Eric wouldn't have any objections), to help fill the lines please let me know and we can work out the mechanics for you.

Best of luck!

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

ItsanSKS

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

hogfamily

DrRichP,

That is a great idea.

Now if I were actually computer savvy enough to do that...

FourFans

OUTSTANDING!
  If I had more leave to burn!.............. I wish more events were held on Sun, Mon, and Tues....
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

Pete!

I could be there after work by about 4pm. I can bring my laptop. Can you find out if they have WiFi I can use? That and a power outlet is all I'd need to be able to sign up shooters.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

DrRichP

Discount code removed as this is the open forum. -ItsanSKS
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

hogfamily

Please excuse my computer inadequacies.

So to do this discount we go to the Alaska sign up page, go to register, enter the promo code in the promotional code box, and then have the participant fill out the rest of the info.

If that's it, maybe even I can do it!

The discount cost for youth is ?

hogfamily

Did a practice run. Yup even worked for me!

$20. for adults,  $6.67 for youth.

Thanks!

DrRichP

Sorry I missed your previous message hogfamily, I am glad you got it worked out. Sign 'em up!  O0

Good luck at the booth and thank you for what you're doing!
DrRichP

hogfamily

hogfamily

A local VFW Post is raffling a Remington M1903.

I invited them to sell tickets at our AS display.

I figured it will help draw folks to the table. After they buy a raffle ticket we will  hit them up with; "Let us teach you how to shoot your rifle well".

hogfamily

See you there Pete!

I will find out if they have wi-fi we can use. I will have my computer there also.