News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rainbow, CA Patriots Day April 22-23, 2017

Started by StormN, April 27, 2017, 12:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormN

Another great weekend at Rainbow. 5 new Riflemen, 2 re-qualify, 2 new IIT's and 1 new Applecore, cannot ask much more than that. More to come.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

mnichols

Great weekend! What a way to celebrate Patriot's Day.
Congratulations to 5!!! new Riflemen. Outstanding!
And welcome, to our 2 new orange hats and blue hat.
I hope everyone had a good time, as I did.
Looking forward to the next one.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

kmkahuna

Such a pleasure and a privilege to get another Appleseed weekend done here at Rainbow.  My personal favorite this weekend was seeing Jenna's frustration from Saturday turn into competence and skill on Sunday; a 195 on Sunday tells you she's on her way to rifleman. Shows us all once again that these fundamentals in our program are effective and simple: I always wish for more time during our weekends!  Looking forward to June, gotta remember water, sunscreen and donuts.. in that order !   :F
P.S. I put the pictures in the dropbox...
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
Samuel Adams, September 1722 -- October, 1803