News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\ Saratoga New York Anniversary Event 2017/\/\

Started by Grumpy1, April 24, 2017, 11:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

Another Great Appleseed at Saratoga! 23 Students joined us, to celebrate Patriots Day! Saturday began with the First Strike, and we turned on the hose.... Marksmanship Instruction.  We had. Mix of previous students, along with some first timers. Everyone put their best effort, working hard to be ready for the Anniversary Volley.  By 4:00 everyone was ready, Dude did an AWESOME JOB! Reading the groups of names, followed by, Present..Fire... Students tightend up the volleys and it sounded Great! Unfortunatly an attempt at a live fire with my Bess, only reinforced how unreliable, damp powder could be ::)
Sunday started with the Red Coat Battle and team 5 was the clear winner... May have been a ringer or two in that bay... Then the drills started and we confirmed zeros. We moved on to AQTs rapid and slow fire. By lunchtime we were ready to head to KD 100/200. Dude and Drifter52 did a Great job with the presentation, and after confirming 25m zero, I moved 10 students over to KD. Two just recieved CMP Garands were on the line, and they went to work. We had a couple of AR varients, Some bolt actions and even a 10/22 ,and it was nice to see the satisfaction students had when they were scoring shots at 200!

We even got some New Rifleman this weekend..
Frank 232  :---
Owen 210 :--- he got some North Bridge Water as Well
Ray    216 :---  The pressure is off Ray..
JR.     220 :---

We had some Requals :~
Dan 243
Ryan 225
Bob  212
Dave G 220

We had some Instructor Requals  :snipersmi

longrange 238
Sureshot 236
Drifter52 226
Sharebare 216
Historybuff 221
Grumpy1 217

We had some Young Patriots O0
Kat
James
Dylan
Jason
Great Job!

The Winners of The Cheezit Drill ,   Jen and James, plus James took the leftovers ;D

Everyone did Great, I had wonderful students and a Great and plentiful Instructor cadre... A Sea of Orange, one student commented.
Thank You to the members of SaraSpa for the use of the range facilities.
See you in October
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Cannibal

This was my second Appleseed and I had a great weekend.  Thanks to all the instructors for the help and history lessons.  Looking forward to the Fall shoot in October.
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson

Rifleman - October 7, 2023 - Dunbarton, NH