News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield IL April 22-23

Started by Chewie, April 24, 2017, 07:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

Thank you to ISRA for letting us use their range and working with us during the weekend.
The weather was amazing; no rain only sunshine and warm temperatures  only thing to trump that was the group of shooters that came out both days and from 9 to 5 both days.

They were a great group of shooters we had 13 potential rifleman on the line  which 4 of them were able to score a Rifleman and 3 of which were brand new Appleseed shooters.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Thanks to Laredo, Cinco, and Scattershot Sarah for coming out and helping out getting in the dirt and helping all of our shooters to greatly improve. We went from 50% effective at 100yards Sat AM to 100% effective at 100yards in just one day of instruction they repeated that 100% Sun AM and PM. Those shooters will have their patches before the year is out. The stories were well done and everyone enjoyed the 3 strikes as well as the DOM/DOL.

Scattershot Sarah will have pictures to post shortly.   :pics:
'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Laredo

Great weekend!  Great group of shooters!

Kudos Chewy for a great event!
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

SleepingBirdDog

Thanks to all for putting on a fantastic event. Both my son and I very much enjoyed our first Appleseed.

Oh, and standing by for pictures. :)

Scattershot_Sarah

Hi! Sorry the pics are late!
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. -George Orwell.

There is a certain enthusiasm in Liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism. - Alexander Hamilton

I must study politics and war, that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy - John Adams

Qualified as Rifleman November 8th, 2015, Oregon WI

10 Appleseeds as shooter 2014
12 As Blue hat, 3 as shooter 2015
2 IBC, 1 gun show, 1 AS as Blue hat 2016
Orange hat, 06/06/16 at Waterman, IL
5 AS as orange hat 2016
Red Hat, 10/08/16 at Eagle/McMiller WI

Glockdr

I got Rifleman in Bonfield on saturday. Does anyone have a pic of Chewy giving me my patch ? Thank you all. Ken Simmons.

Laredo

I have a few... what do you look like?? 
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Glockdr

I was the guy shooting adaptive do to 3 back surgeries, gray beard and a jeep hat I beleive

Thanks,
Ken

Laredo

Not sure what is wrong... but I am unable to post the pics.  PM me your email address and I will email you the two pictures I have.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

DrRichP

Quote from: Glockdr on May 10, 2017, 10:40:47 PMI got Rifleman in Bonfield on saturday. Does anyone have a pic of Chewy giving me my patch ? Thank you all. Ken Simmons.

Does anyone have a pic of Chewy giving you your orange hat? That's what I want to see.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy