News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clearwater, FL 04/22/2017 Patriot's Day!

Started by PHenry, April 24, 2017, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Wow! What a great event. I cannot recall how many Patriot's Day events I have done. Cain't recall how many regular events either after 10 years for that matter, but there is one thing I can say for certain - this was the best. We got our "Volley for Liberty' first shot off precisely at 4PM EST. For the first time ever, I remembered to offer all five time lines on Sunday. That's when we pick an event from April 19th, 1775 and point out at what time it happened 242 years ago to bring the story more to life.

We even got to see examples of period dress during the 1st and 2nd Strikes as 9mm4545 and Rambo told same in full costume. Our "imported" red hat, Guntukian had some fine examples of Rev War muskets and a pistol to add to the event. Many thanks for that long drive sir.

More importantly, we got the chance to witness a small miracle in Tahlia, who at her first event was afraid event to hold a rifle, much less fire a shot, make score at this event!  O0 Her father re-qualified, proving consistency. My buddy Steve also "patched". Now I hope they both continue on to making score with a center-fire rifle, in the tradition of the American Rifleman. Huzaaah!

We had "repeat offender" Caryn, who went from all over the paper to clearing the Redcoat target and nearly making score. At this point her positions are picture perfect - no draggin wood there!

We had 8yo Victor who scored a 189 as our "Designated Marksman". Of course he went home with a youth patch for his tireless efforts.

The Martin family was out in full effect - hope to see all ya'll again soon. Emily and her dad were there and I found out that he has been regaling Emily with historical accounts since she was little. I noticed her nodding in understanding during the story of Molly Pitcher. That's because she had heard it all before and that is very rare indeed.

I have also attached a picture taken during the "Volley for Liberty", which went off at precisely 4PM EST, listing the names of 13 who died on April 19th - 242 years ago. Man it was great, with Amazing Grace playing in the background courtesy of 9mm4545.

Appleseed events never fail to bouy my spirit. It is so fine to spend time around such a great group of Americans.
Many thanks to all who attended!
In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

9mm4545

I will echo everything pHenry said. A memorable event with lots of friends, both old and new. I do hope to see every single one of you earn Rifleman status--and become outspoken advocates for Liberty. We are the irate tireless minority that Sam Adams spoke of and it is up to us to ignite the brushfires of freedom in the minds of our fellow Americans.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Guntuckian

It was an honor and a privilege to be among so many patriots this Patriots Day.  As PHenry said, it was a Great Patriots Day.

Some noticeable firsts, too.  I believe this was also the first Nationwide Victory Volley that was broadcast live on Facebook.  Check this out on either the Florida Appleseed Facebook page, or on the Project Appleseed Kentucky page at  https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyRifleman and, if you haven't seen this broadcast, you are missing a treat.

For those that patched this weekend, congratulations!  For those that just missed getting a Rifleman's Patch, do not be too hard on yourself.  You now have the proper tools in your 'mental toolbox' to practice what you learned this weekend. Dry fire practice and some live fire practice and you will soon have earned a Rifleman Patch.

It was my honor to be with so many old friends and new friends this weekend.  Remember the Six Steps to Firing a Shot, and the Seventh Step of telling your friends, family, and co-workers about Appleseed.

The long drive was definitely worth it.  HUZZAH!
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V