News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka-Manatee, FL - Apr 22-23, 2017

Started by 308LIBERTY, April 24, 2017, 02:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

Though the forecast threatened us with storms, the weather turned out to be excellent, with barely a shower on Sunday. By the end of the weekend, 2 new Riflemen emerged. Congratulations to Scott, showing us the the face of tenacity and grit against all obstacles on this, his third Appleseed and making the highest score of the weekend, a 229! Over the weekend, he actually shot score several times, with 2 different rifles, both rimfire and centerfire. Adapt and Overcome!

After the first couple of AQTs, we turned up the pressure on Mike P. and he met the challenge with a 220! Congratulations sir. He also turned in his paperwork for IIT0 and will be joining the ranks with an orange hat very soon. Angel, having shot score at his last Appleseed, showed up to work this event and was presented an orange hat of his own. Gentlemen, thanks for picking up a bucket and helping us bail.

We had an excellent crew, great students, and even sang happy Birthday to Erica on Sunday. Valkyrie7 brought birthday donuts! Huzzah! Thanks for all the help from "Chief" Mike, Red Feather, BaldEagle, Angel, and my lovely Valkyrie7 to make this a successful event. I would totally suck at this without your help.

To the rest, don't forget to dry-fire at home and practice those positions. Everyone showed a great deal of improvement and I couldn't be more honored to have spent a weekend of Liberty with all of you.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Savage22

Having attended several Appleseed events before and thoroughly enjoying them, I was torn between attending once again as a student, or volunteering my time and helping out with the program. I decided to help out for the weekend. I'm glad I went that route. Not only did I enjoy it more than if I had attended as a student again, it felt great to be a part of this program.

Congratulations to Scott and Mike for shooting score. I've seen both of them work hard and show a good deal of persistence.

A big thanks to Three'oEight, Valkyrie7, Red Feather, BaldEagle, and Chief Mike for putting together another great event.

See you guys at the KD...
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

308LIBERTY

I was very honored to hand Scott his Rifleman patch this weekend.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

rscottb

Sometimes it's better to teach the uneducated versus trying to teach an old dog new tricks.  I never was taught Army rifle marksmanship in Basic, I was a tanker who was taught pistols and machines guns until I found about US Army Scouts. So, I kinda weaseled my way from tanker to Scout and skipped the eyesight requirements.  The US Army did not teach about slings during my career, we shot rifle AQT from the foxhole, prone and standing.  We learned in real AQT to save our 300 meter rounds for a missed 200 or 250 meter target, no slings in use. Prior to my third Appleseed attempt at something I should have gotten right the first time, I actually practiced. I made sure my equipment and I were ready and not so clueless. I, being a lefty, adapted by being a mirror of the right handed instructor in sponge mode.
:snipersmi :~ :---

I did learn a few things from everyone there, and thanks to Dwight and the whole crew for tolerating some of us.

You need a emoji showing how to get a head out of your lower posterior.

rscottb

see attachment

dwn4thecause

The Appleseed Crew:

I thank you for doing what you needed to do to make me do what I needed to do. You guys are awesome teachers and you run an awesome Appleseed; and I thank you wholeheartedly! I'm looking forward to working with you in the future as an orange hat!

MikeP