News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slidell, LA - April 22-23, 2017

Started by LawDog, April 24, 2017, 12:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

As we left the range on Sunday afternoon, every instructor voiced the same thought: "I always feel better after an Appleseed weekend." That's not at all surprising given the opportunity to meet and work with fellow Patriots. This weekend certainly didn't disappoint.

First, I thank the Louisiana National Guard and St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for again allowing us to use the range. We appreciate the work that you do and your generosity.

Next, I thank the shooters who endured the rain-hot-cold-breezy weather and the mud to attend. I am grateful for meeting you and for your attention and hard work. This was definitely a "what can I do to help" group.

I also thank the instructors. Your professionalism and depth of knowledge was proven yet again.

Finally, I remind us all that our skills - as shooters, as instructors, and even as Americans - are perishable. Yes, using those skills can be uncomfortable at times, even painful or inconvenient. But rights and skills, like muscles, work best when used often. I hope to see you soon - at an Appleseed event, at the polls, at a town hall meeting.

Dan

sazeracjack

I was at that shoot and had a great weekend.  Although I didn't earn my Rifleman patch, I learned so much more.  Just being able to walk away knowing how to use a sling, M.O.A., distance estimation and history made the event all worthwhile.

Perhaps one of the best things I learned is the affect hours of shooting have on me.  I definitely discovered my peaks and lows regarding time spent looking through a scope.

The instructors were great and took the time for everyone's needs.  The other shooters and I all shared the things we learned.

I'll attend again and eventually earn my patch.  Until then, I will use the things I learned and enjoy shooting.

Rene

LawDog

That's the Rifleman spirit! It will be good to have you join our ranks, Rene. Until then, practice - and spread the word!
Dan