News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho April 29-30, 2017

Started by eert, May 02, 2017, 10:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eert

Greetings Shooters!  Another successful Coeur d'Alene Appleseed has come to a close.  We couldn't have asked for better weather, especially given the dire predictions for Sunday.  We stayed dry, but the gusting wind did play some havoc with the resulting targets!

We had many returning shooters at this event and it was great to see them progress even further.  The Hagerman clan was out in full force.  Dad managed numerous repeat Rifleman scores starting on Saturday and continuing thru Sunday.  Riley and Emily, time to get off the rest in prone, you've progressed beyond that now.  Shelby, Tanner, and Mikayla were all knocking on the Rifleman door and I expect to see scores well over 210 at the next shoot---GIVEN some position and NPOA dry practice!  Your fundamentals are all present, just not present on every shot yet.  Jayden, you too made good progress, keep it up. 

The dangerous couple award goes to the Sullivan team, both of whom shot Rifleman on DAY 1!  It would have been great to see what you could have done on Day 2.  Hopefully we'll get to see that on a future shoot, and the Shoot Boss promises not to interfere with your trigger, Jennifer. 

Mrs. Sapper, just blame the Mister for a faulty rifle.  Sorry you could only come out for Saturday, and say howdy to the big guy for me. 

John, like many of us in the Dangerous Old Men age group had trouble unlearning the method of "holding breath" while you shoot.  My friend  I too had to struggle through that one, but again, dry practice in the warmth and comfort of your living room floor will see you through.  Inhale, exhale, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze the trigger and follow through, and you'll be there.

Jeff and Luca were our long distance travelers coming from Weippe country. Not too far by straight line, but a long way around on paved roads.  This was Luca's first experience with a rifle, I caught a smile or two, so he may be hooked.  Jeff brought out a modified Hathcock position for Stage 2, which was effective for him, as he repeated as a Rifleman.

BorderRun's Fairchild Air Force Base cohort, Robert was also new to the way of the rifle, and did a great job of picking up the instruction. I was actually surprised he didn't go home with a patch.  He too, was knocking on the proverbial door, even with a variety of loaners.  I'm sure we'll see you again, hopefully with your own rifle, so I know you'll get some dry practice by then!

The other family unit attending was the Zeitz/Nguyen clan, a triple generation representation.  Joseph made great progress on Sunday, and Barb just missed the benchmark 210.  Minh had a few equipment issues, but was shooting steady all weekend.  Ken shot a couple of repeat Rifleman scores Sunday with his new AR, quite a welcome to the AR owners club!

Jordan, one of the shooters turned out to be an Instructor -in-Training.  Not only repeated numerous times, but helped on the line and scored lots of targets.  Unfortunately, moving to Texas, so the Northwest is losing another great Instructor.  Good luck, and you'll probably find plenty of Appleseed's to work in Texas.  I didn't see all his targets, but I think at least one broke 240. 

My old friend Frank also gained his Rifleman patch on Sunday, after  overcoming some trigger issues, and three different rifles.  That makes 9 different Rifleman with the family Ruger.  Who'll be the lucky 10? 

I think I signed more Civilian Marksmanship Program training certificates than at any other previous shoot.  Hopefully some good homes for those in-bound Garands! 

Thanks to the Instructor cadre for making another successful shoot, especially SensorGuy who came from Walla Walla to help out.  Three new Rifleman, four repeat Rifleman.  Thanks also to the Hagerman clan who came early to help set up and stayed late to help tear down.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

For those that want sling construction instructions, reduced scale dry fire targets or any other info I can help you with, please send me a PM on this forum.

Bill, post away on those great photos you took.
Hope to see you all again on the line!

eert

Pics of Saturday's Riflemen.

eert

More Saturday's RM

Snow Snake

HELLO ALL,
Well, it has been proved again:great organization,passionate instructors and attentive students, makes for a succesfull weekend.Thanks to ALL.    :F :F
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

:)

Border-Run

:)

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

there are ALOT more. send a email and who you are and I will email the photos of you.  O0