News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mrsurplus is wearing a RED hat!

Started by Superheat, April 24, 2017, 08:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Huzzah mrsurplus!  Congratulations on making full instrctor.

Here he is starting the journey.

lurgid

Congratulations! It was great being there. You are a fine instructor!

Texas T

Great job. Thanks for all of the hard work that it takes to reach this level. It will be appreciated by many, as we move on down the trail.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Miki

Congrats! It was amazing watching you Saturday. Caliper threw you under the bus and when I checked the whole underside of that bus was polished and shiny!

ITB

Congratulations, Jeff!   O0

Oh, btw, when's the next friends and family day at Joe's?   >:D
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

devilkitty

Well done! Glad I could be there to see it.

Now about those purple ammo cans...  :)
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

D.O.M.

Nice work, Jeff! That hat looks good on you! (The orange one, not so much any more)  :~
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Super Trooper

The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Nashville Stage

Congrats!

Wait... What's the deal with the "Mrsurplus" profile picture? Why do Superheat & D.O.M. have the same profile pic? Does Mrsurplus even exist? Are these all just multiple personalities of the same person?!  #) :)) ;D
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Guntuckian

--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Superheat

It's a Michigan thing.

We were a VERY tight group 6 or so years ago and we are still today. As much as you can be for 50 or so people.  As a SALUTE to an instructor's achievement we have their hats embroidered before hand and everone close to that Instrctor changes their avitar to the embroidered hat.  Our way of saying HUZZAH! 

When everyone in the thread has the same avitar it is very funny.

Quote from: Nashville Stage on April 24, 2017, 12:16:59 PM
Congrats!

Wait... What's the deal with the "Mrsurplus" profile picture? Why do Superheat & D.O.M. have the same profile pic? Does Mrsurplus even exist? Are these all just multiple personalities of the same person?!  #) :)) ;D

Nashville Stage

Quote from: Superheat on April 24, 2017, 01:12:40 PMAs a SALUTE to an instructor's achievement we have their hats embroidered before hand and everone close to that Instrctor changes their avitar to the embroidered hat.  Our way of saying HUZZAH! 

When everyone in the thread has the same avitar it is very funny.

That's hilarious.
The embroidery on the hat is a neat idea; I may have to steal borrow that.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Charley

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Tigger

Huzzah to Mr. Surplus!!!
^:)^
So with all the dignity that accompanies the Red Hat, is it Mr. Mr. Surplus now?
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."
C. S. Lewis  "On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature"

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling

DrRichP

Well it about time! Congrats Surplus!

Now where's that long list of work I have to volunteer MrSurplus for?  ???
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Click

Congratulations Mrsurplus keep up to good work

DragonMedic

Huzzah!

Good work and congratulations!

Graywolf

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Caliper

MrSurplus, it was an honor to be able to give you your Red Hat. It looks natural on you!

Now, let's get that red faded down a bit, it's so bright!  ~~:)  ;D

Quote from: D.O.M. on April 24, 2017, 10:46:01 AM
(The orange one, not so much any more)  :~

It took a bit of a beating... 

Or, in video form...  http://vid1312.photobucket.com/albums/t539/Caliper_RWVA/170422-23_Fenton/20170423_093812_zpsfzvdwnwj.mp4

Funny thing, I found pieces of hat left behind in the backer board later.

Superheat

Kholin

Congrats and good work Mr. Surplus!!!  Looking forward to working with you on the trail sometime!
---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

D.O.M.

Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Charles McKinley

Huzzah!

It was great meeting you a couple years ago at the IBC.  Hope to see you on the trail.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

T. WOLF

Well deserved. One of my favorite faces (voices?) on the line. Congrats, Surplus!
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

goodoldfriend

I was honored to meet you at the last IBC.

Congratulations!
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Earthmom

Nice hat, congratulations!!  Do you sell those at the store?

D.S.S.

"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)