News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Liberty Center April 22-23 2017

Started by Charley, April 24, 2017, 01:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charley

What a great group of mostly new and a couple returning Appleseeders! The shooters got to the grind on Saturday after getting a bit of a late start. All came with a teachable attitude and were taking the grind in strides. We made it through all of the Saturday POI and the Volley for Liberty shared across the country. Equipment familiarization along with getting the flow of the event allowed shooters to show progress in sighting in and getting smaller groups. We had one shooter with equipment issues even with a loaner rifle, but he continued to persist through the malfunctions learning the different POI.

The weather was a little cool both mornings but (especially Sunday) became comfortable and enjoyable. By the end of the weekend we had 1 Re-Qualifer, Mutant Texan (Matt D.). Mutant Texan scored a 211 however, it was his first time scoring Rifleman with his centerfire rifle using open sights! Huzzah Mutant Texan!

We also had one shooter, Adam, step up and accept a Blue Hat! Glad to have you helping the program, see you on the trail!

Hope to see you all on the line again in the future! A Rifleman always persists!

Students: Feel free to post comments and pictures!!

:pics:

Superheat

What a great weekend. Will post more tonight.

A great weekend to celebrate FREEDOM!

Morning red coat ready to be shot.

Cadence explaining a course of fire.

First Strike.  No the map scale isn't 1:1.

Standing

Mutan Texan with a Rifleman score!

Seated

Rick Looking rock steady.

Quick goof off while Charley isn't looking.

Yankee modeling

Adam stepped up to help out, Huzzah!

Prone!

goodoldfriend

Sounds like a great and well run event.

Congratulations to all the shooters who persisted and improved on the road to becoming a Rifleman. Remember to persist, it is worth it.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Superheat

This thread is no longer worthless!  pictures are up. 

Thank you Ohio for the hospitality.  I had a truly wonderful time.  It always seems like you made a whole bunch of new friends at the end of the weekend.

Who will accept the 14 challenge?  .... I hope you all do and in turn help Project Appleseed grow and save the country.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

14,000 patriots were mobilized on 4/19/1775.

How many individuals today could mobilize 1400? 140?

Superheat challenged everyone to recruit 14 people to attend an appleseed within a year. 
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

Is there a more appropriate place to celebrate Patriots Weekend than a shoot outside a town called Liberty Center? I don't think so!

A big thanks to Superheat for traveling down South and crossing the border into Buckeye territory to help here in Ohio. Honestly, we didn't hold it against you!  :)   I have now seen a person who packs more shoot stuff than Corvette  ;D. Your own flag pole - now that is impressive! Seriously, I loved the flags framing each side of the range. Having to look downrange and look at them and remembering what they stand for is very sobering. Your more than welcome anytime!  O0. I don't know why ITB had to come and check on you. >:D

A great weekend for our shooters and AS crew and the weather cooperated as well. Congrats to Mutant Texan for qualifying/re-qualifying with his centerfire. A good group of shooters with many showing promise of being able to get a patch.

A big HUZZAH for Adam for stepping up and taking a Blue hat. I foresee an orange hat an maybe even a red hat in your future.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail again.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams