News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue Ridge, GA (Power House Range), April 22-23, 2017

Started by CokeGuy, April 24, 2017, 12:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Despite horrible weather, this was a wonderful Appleseed! The wind on Saturday destroyed our only popup. The all-day rain on Sunday was intense and constant and the range was standing water. But, of the 17 on Saturday, 10 brave souls, knowing the forecast, returned on Sunday. We were able to cover the shooting line with 2 new popups and salvage the one from Saturday. Everyone, shooters and instructors, was soaked from the first afternoon Red Coat  (we start at noon to respect nearby church services).

However, spirits remained high and participation continued without any complaints..these great people came to learn how to shoot! Their attention during the history was outstanding. The first Rifleman score was early on Saturday by Isaac M. with a very respectable 226. In spite of the Sunday torrential rain, Jason B. shot a 210 and was ceremonially "baptized" with water from North Bridge. Then, Michael C. scored a 218 to become out third Rifleman. I guess his wife, Rollins, gave him the incentive to "step up" his game after she scored a 207.

But, that's not all! Our new Blue Hat, 6Bones, did an outstanding job with registration and presenting Samuel Wittemore. And our new Orange hat, saber6, did great on the line. Then, A.J., who had scored Rifleman at a prior event, completed the PC and was presented with his Orange Hat. I put him to work first as an RSO then as Line Boss.
Every participant improved significantly...enthusiasm never waned; in fact, it increased during the event, with many saying they are eager to attend another Appleseed ASAP.

I am confident that we not only had many future Riflemen at the event, but also a number of future fine instructors.  The kind compliments at the end of Sunday touched the hearts of all the instructors present.

saber6

We had a great shoot this past weekend and I commend everyone who persisted Sunday afternoon in spite of the heavy rain!  Congrats to all of the shooters and particularly the new Riflemen!

BTW, one of the attendees from Saturday left behind part of an elbow/kneepad set, which I have secured.  If you are the owner of this equipment please send me a PM via this board and I will ensure the forgotten gear is returned to you promptly.

Thanks all!

CokeGuy

Corrected Rollins'score to 207....my typo (sorry, Rollins, you will better Mike's score soon!)

DoriftoJ

JJ Here, New to appleseed and the Forum

I had an amazing time despite the rain and terrible weather on Sunday, the instructors are awesome for putting up with the weather and allowing the event to continue with the downpour all day long..!!! I cannot wait for the next event here in blue ridge and me and my other half (Lena) will be there to shoot Rifleman scores..!!!  :snipersmi  :snipersmi  :---  :snipersmi
HE WAS SHOT, BAYONETED, BEATEN AND LEFT FOR DEAD. BUT RECOVERED AND LIVED TO BE 98 YEARS OF AGE. "SAMUEL WHITTEMORE"

6Bones

Quote from: DoriftoJ on April 26, 2017, 09:24:09 PM
JJ Here, New to appleseed and the Forum

I had an amazing time despite the rain and terrible weather on Sunday, the instructors are awesome for putting up with the weather and allowing the event to continue with the downpour all day long..!!! I cannot wait for the next event here in blue ridge and me and my other half (Lena) will be there to shoot Rifleman scores..!!!  :snipersmi  :snipersmi  :---  :snipersmi

I like your signature line JJ!  Thought you might enjoy the attached picture.