News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Budapest

Started by pballer2oo7, March 16, 2016, 06:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pballer2oo7

My company asked me to help with a project in Budapest, Hungary. I landed here 2nd March and my first meeting was two days later, Friday the 5th. And, during that meeting, I managed to teach an abbreviated inches-minutes-clicks module to my Hungarian coworkers. One of my proudest moments. A few more details follow.

It was our first meeting, an introduction and planning session. We were going around the table, getting acquainted, and they were asking me questions about my career and pastimes. They took great interest when I told them I'm a firearms instructor. So the questions took a turn down that path. "What guns do you use?" "How accurate?" "How far?"

Soo...it seemed the perfect opportunity to explain, even more concisely than I would at a shoot, what a minute of angle is and how accurate I would expect them to be from a field position. Given Hungary's past century of history, I felt it prudent to leave out the line "a communist is about 20 inches wide."  :))
Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! - I hope you will make a good Use of it. - if you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.

--J. Adams, 1777

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

henschman

Very cool!  I'd love to make it over that way one of these days. 

I hope you enjoyed it and got to do some vacationing and sight seeing along with all the work!

We might need to say 3 MOA for a Communist.  They get a lot skinnier after they run out of other people's stuff. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819