News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbiana, AL April 22-23 2017 AAR

Started by headshot heather, April 23, 2017, 09:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headshot heather

Great weekend at Shelby County Sheriffs Department Training Center this past weekend, with a small class who showed a lot of skill.  3 shooters filled the lines on Saturday and we increased that number by 1 on Sunday. Weather was beautiful in lovely Shelby County, Alabama with minimal wind and no rain. We heard a riveting First Strike from GlockMike, who also earned his Red Hat this weekend, a Second Strike from myself and an upgraded version of the Third Strike from T.J. 8.  Quite a few rounds went downrange and we saw some big improvements in Redcoat Scores by the end of the day, going from 1 100-yard shooter and one 400 yard shooter (with one shingle-shot) in the morning to one 200-yard shooter, one 300 yard shooter, and two 400-yard shooters (with two shingle shots and one completely cleared) by the end of the weekend.

Sunday dawned much cooler with rain off and on well into the morning, however that didn't stop us from producing a rifleman!  Bill shot a 220 with his second AQT if the day and reconfirmed with a 215 later in the afternoon;  After a grind broken by tales of the Dangerous old Men and Women by GlockMike and myself along with a brief KD presentation, we proceeded with the framing of our Volley for Liberty where one of our shooters, Mike, brought out his M1Garand and tlawley surprised us with some tannerite downrange for the final shot. It was a great commemoration of those that died on April 19th 1775 and I was honored to be a part of it. 

With a new rifleman, new instructor, great food, and little to no safety issues (!!!), all in all it was an excellent weekend with wonderful shooters and instructors alike.
the ultimate in feminine protection, .22 for light days, .45 for heavy days
"A republic if YOU can keep it"- Benjamin Franklin
"My idea of gun control is hitting what I aim at"- tlawley